Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Dick/Vagina Embracer
2,945 Posts
He got a wrong lever, probably ordered a wrong one. That wouldn't be a surprise according to his other threads. :)
That is also very accurate, his name did suit him very well.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I hate bring out an old thread, but I was reading up on this and trying to decide why people just didn't replace the Suzuki bearing in place of the new one in the chinese levers? What is the difference now? Just because the label says made in the USA doesnt mean the material came from the USA. I know people feel strongly about this but if the OEM bearing in the brake lever is placed in the chinese lever then what's so wrong with it? It has all the clearence it needs and is promised to be in spec.
:idea
How bout you do that&report back to us. If it works out,awesome. If your front brakes lock up&you crash,even more awesome. You will have first hand experience if it works or not:cheers

132 Posts
Hey bro, steer clear of knock off ebay no name levers!!!!! I bought a set of blade levers like 80$ and looked amazing and I thought I got a good deal.... No wrong.... My front brakes kept locking up on me and I thought it was the pads and changed those, got a new set of front rotors..... Nothing worked (was not a member of this awesome forum yet) I kept opening my brake line from the lever to let the pressure out and the fluid ran down my fairing and peeled the decals and faded the paint........ Was a pain in my ass, put my stockers back on.... That was my k5..... Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I know this post was from a while ago but I just installed CNC levers and everything is working ok including the brass insert was lined up and brakes are not locking up. Only problem is when I squeeze lever it makes the clicking noise and releases switch enabling the brake light, sometimes when I release the brake the lever does not revert all the way and does not push button in causing brake light to stay on unless I give it a little extra push... Any idea's?

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,366 Posts
Something is either bound up, the switch is not in the optimal position, or the flat that contacts the switch isn't in the ideal alignment.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,544 Posts
Hello,

I know this post was from a while ago but I just installed CNC levers and everything is working ok including the brass insert was lined up and brakes are not locking up. Only problem is when I squeeze lever it makes the clicking noise and releases switch enabling the brake light, sometimes when I release the brake the lever does not revert all the way and does not push button in causing brake light to stay on unless I give it a little extra push... Any idea's?
if it is a name brand lever, you probably fucked up the install.

·
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni
1,981 Posts
everything is working ok...

when I release the brake the lever does not revert all the way
You just contradicted yourself. They work fine, except that the brakes do not fully release on their own. Ride around with it slightly in like that, pads rubbing will overheat brake fluid and it will lock up. Ebay CNC by chance?

·
I help keep my ma's pussy warm and cozy for OG eve
67 Posts
hopefully i'll answer everyone's questions...

I am ok. I where full gear.. only had a bruised knee and my neck is a little sore.

I have talked to the manufacturer and they said i can ship them back for a refund.. I know that doesn't "fix" everything.. but all $$ will help right now.

we think the problem is this mechanism:

This should fit into a grove on the lever and be straight.. on my CNC Chinese lever, it was a tight fit and it actually had the lever angled to the side.. now when i rolled it forward it was fine, and when i applied the brakes it was fine.. but from what me and my friend read, if that lever is sideways.. it doesn't allow fluid to flow back.. so it builds up pressure and heat and eventually engages the brakes..

Green would be straight.. Red was how mine was angled

now this is the best we could come up with. Especially since I did install them the day before and then just now have a problem.
I bought same exact cheap ones (EBAY CNC) and same exact thing just happened to me today. My front wheel completely locked up at around 50 MPH. I notice the hole where the MC plunger goes is just to narrow. Re-installed stock ones and just ordered some FP levers.

Sorry for bumping old thread but PLEASE DO NOT BUY THESE!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Again old thread, but as above - these are how i wrote my bike off too. Total front wheel lock up. Lucky it happened where it was, was flying round a roundabout over a dual carriageway only minutes before.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I bought same exact cheap ones (EBAY CNC) and same exact thing just happened to me today. My front wheel completely locked up at around 50 MPH. I notice the hole where the MC plunger goes is just to narrow. Re-installed stock ones and just ordered some FP levers.

Sorry for bumping old thread but PLEASE DO NOT BUY THESE!!!!!
Do you happen to have any go pro footage of that?Did you crash? Did you have to ask two burly men for assistance to pick up your bike? And were u able to find your missing mirror?

·
Administrator
13,914 Posts
^^^ all very good questions ...

·
Registered
687 Posts
well guys.. i can now say they are cheap and let me down.. the front brake lever angled the master cylinder switch which caused my front end to lock up.. i went down and slid for about 40 yards..

sorry but i dont feel bad about your bike... people will never learn... its a sticky for a reason.. 98% of the cheap ebay levers will let you down... not worth the gamble... if you spent another 40-60 bucks it never woulda happend. :hammer someone said i dont know why you feel the need to spend top dollar on things for your bike... heres your answer

·
Registered
3 Posts
well guys.. i can now say they are cheap and let me down.. the front brake lever angled the master cylinder switch which caused my front end to lock up.. i went down and slid for about 40 yards..

Was tempted to buy Chinese replicas like this but thought to myself can i really trust something that cheap which needs to stop my pride and joy in an emergency and potently save my life... :nono. = I'm Thinking NOT!
So just to make sure i googled "CNC leavers snapping" and lucky enough found this thread to confirm my fears. :twitch

Would like to upgrade to ASV's but at £92 each its a bit much, even if they are the dogs bollocks with 5 years warranty, so think i will just stick with my stock leavers for now.

Thanks again and ride safe.:punk

·
Premium Member
73,234 Posts
Was tempted to buy Chinese replicas like this but thought to myself can i really trust something that cheap which needs to stop my pride and joy in an emergency and potently save my life... :nono. = I'm Thinking NOT!
So just to make sure i googled "CNC leavers snapping" and lucky enough found this thread to confirm my fears. :twitch

Would like to upgrade to ASV's but at £92 each its a bit much, even if they are the dogs bollocks with 5 years warranty, so think i will just stick with my stock leavers for now.

Thanks again and ride safe.:punk
Check out FP levers...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got a set for 20 $ they worth the one you get for 250 $

Can go there too they are same for 200 $ :)
http://www.pazzoracing.com/index.html

And here the review vs them :
http://lexmotoxtrs.blogspot.nl/2015/12/cnc-brake-clutch-levers.html

You're not really going to get any difference in quality regardless of a name on a box or website etc. At the end of the day it's still the same product CNC machined from a block of aluminum with the same ratchet mechanism and a couple of bolts.
here is some talk about those cheap levers :
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-46261.html

And a video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCbXdU8NavU

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wouldn't take a chance on an item that was crucial to such an important thing as brakes
Chinese stuff is ok for anything not crucial
Brakes are crucial

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
This thread is gold ! SUZUKI RIDERS. In the 1950's anything made in japan was "crap", "don't touch it", "garbage". And that was when everybody was having lots of trouble with their Triumphs !
Yes you get what you pay for but there is no need for retailers to mark up products 500 %. The market will force a change to this behavior.
China is putting satellites into space.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I found this utube clip very useful.
Levers supplied by Moto Mummy.
It doesn't matter where you get your parts from. Just make sure they work properly. Don't just whack them on and forget about them. Measure everything and record in your log book.

·
Registered
396 Posts
While I can't wrap my head around the prices of aftermarket levers for what they are, I still avoid chinese levers. They just copy designs, cross reference levers and assume they should work, but there is no testing of the products to account for differences in calipers, lines and what not. Then there is their QC, how good do you think it is when they are being sold that cheap on flea-bay by sellers that could dissapear the next day after you buy them? Fitment could be good, and if you're mechanically inclined and know what you're doing you can avoid problems, but is that lever made with good ally or just the cheapest hunk of metal they could get? For all we know two "identical" levers could be coming from two entirely different factories at china and be made of two different alloys, you might get a good set or a junk set... I don't want to find out which one I got.

161 - 180 of 185 Posts