Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,038 Posts
How to install Chinese levers:

Did you buy them already? Yes: throw them away. No: don't buy them.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
The design of this brake lever is such that it is possible to install it with the bearing pin in the wrong position. I could not find this problem explained in the Service Manual.
Myself, having discovered this problem, when my dirt bikes changed from cable (drum) brakes to hydraulic disc, and having a rear disc lock solid.
So even installing a OEM brake lever needs careful consideration.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey thanks for the video and testing guide. I already replaced the levers and everything works fine. The levers were cheap.. I don't remember how much I paid but I got them on flea bay aka ebay. I did have to work them to get them to fit and also to get the collar out to reuse the oem one.

With regard to the topic in this thread..I went from levers to fairings which may have confused you I think unless you were talking about fairings and then moved onto levers.

Anyhow bike is all good with regards to levers. Lesson learned don't buy cheap China levers.

Any recommendations on where to get fairings?

·
Yearning for a higher post count...
Suzuki GSXR 600 & 1000
560 Posts
I def wouldn't buy those cheap knock offs. I usually get the Pazzo levers.

·
Registered
K6 600 (track) / L3 600 (street)
5 Posts
I been using a lot of MZS ebay levers for years and have crashed serveral of them. No issues. On a very important note. Check to make sure the bolt on the lever is long enough to be secured by the nylon lock nut. I had a couple that looked like they would fall out. Home depot sells longer ones.

181 - 185 of 185 Posts