·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read some good otd prices on the k5 on here, some as low as $9,800
tax & fees included,im in the chicagoland area and called around seven
dealerships and the lowest i could get was around 10,900 otd, anything
less would be impossible , so im just wondering are the chicagoland dealerships
full of shit,or some of the people that claiming they got ther k5 as low as $9,800
full of shit?

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Chicago area dealers are assholes. If I where buying a new one, and if u've got cash, u can go to that place in Ohio and get a better deal.

But, there was a guy that got one for 10,100 out the door during the winter at Chicago Cycle Center. Of course now they won't let it go for that.

Fuck Chicago!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ive read some good otd prices on the k5 on here, some as low as $9,800
tax & fees included,im in the chicagoland area and called around seven
dealerships and the lowest i could get was around 10,900 otd, anything
less would be impossible , so im just wondering are the chicagoland dealerships
full of shit,or some of the people that claiming they got ther k5 as low as $9,800
full of shit?
drive about 40 miles south on I-55 to a town called morris i got mine OTD there for 10,000 it was the first one they got in but I'm sure they will do it again.

·
Registered
382 Posts
We all know how this works (not that I'm happy about it), but the prices go up as the good weather approaches. Best deals are always in winter but the bike wasn't even available yet so we got hosed.

Anyway I paid $10,675 OTD @ Chicago Cycle. They probably won't let any more go at that price (picked mine up 2 weeks ago). I could have had it for $10,600 OTD but I procrastinated a few weeks and they taxed me for waiting

I'd like to take this moment to say FUCK Schaumburg Suzuki, they suck, and their salesman "Bill" sucks too. I called him in late Feb / early March about pricing. He said he'd be able to do it for $10.6 OTD no problem and once he had some on the floor he said he'd "probably" be able to do them for even less, like say $10.5. Well once he got them in his prices magically went up to $11.9 OTD !!! I was like "WTF?". He gave me the old bullshit how they can't keep 'em in stock blah blah blah... Jerk off strung me along for a month.

I mentioned what Chicago offered and he told me to "go get it", this after telling me that no one in Chicago could beat his prices, lying sack of shit.

PS- A few notes about Chicago Cycle:
Over the phone I told my salesman that I'm not coming to get it unless it was 10.6 otd, he said "fine" he'll do it if I come and get the bike that day. Well, I did and then they tried jacking up the price by $200, they told me there was a shortage of titanium in Japan??????? LOL, unreal. Anyway we finally settled on the $10,675 and I just said fuck it, why not, let me get my bike.

One more thing, if you do go there to buy your bike... Unless you bring cash (what I should have done) be prepared to spend about 3-4 hours there. They have 40 salesmen and 2 finance guys. They actually have the potential to be a good dealership, too bad they go and fuck it up every chance they get. But pricewise there's not too many dealers around that can compete w/ them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I got my bike from Chicago Cycle....Paid just under $9800 for it OTD. I know Jerry , Mike & Dan over there so I got a helluva deal. Picked my bike up in the end of March.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well then, apparently Jerry fucked me pretty good. So there was no shortage of titanium when you picked yours up? lol

Honestly I don't really care as I'm happy w/ the new bike. Would love to see the invoice on that though, never heard of anyone getting the bike for under $10k OTD. But cheers to you if you did, congrats

·
Registered
18 Posts
Best OTD price I was offered in Chicagoland was 9996. I'm in Milwaukee, WI. Finally found a dealer here that matched it so I bought local. Most dealers around here didn't want to deal at all. Good deal and good service at Yochum Motorsports (German Town, WI.) North end of Milwaukee.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Chicago Prices

Chicago Cycle Sucks. I wouldn't buy anything from them. They are nationally known for jacking prices when you show up to pick up your bike. I'd love to see them go under!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: Chicago Prices

Chicago Cycle Sucks. I wouldn't buy anything from them. They are nationally known for jacking prices when you show up to pick up your bike. I'd love to see them go under!
95,000 Square Foot Joint w/ Every bike imaginable IN STOCK...

I doubt it.....

And you just have to know how to deal....I've never had a problem when dealing with them..

If you were and educated buyer you wouldn't either

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tell them you want there advertized price and you are NOT going to pay freight and setup. Those fees should be ONE HOUR of labor, not a penny more. Af if you tell them you want it in the crate, they will give you some BS excuse that they can honor the warantee or some crap. Those advertized prices are nice, but they will get you back if they can. I have NEVER paid freight and setup on a bike and I have owned 6 new bikes. not including 2 05 CRF50F's that they wanted to charge me $300 EACH for setup. All that crap is built into the invoice price.

Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah i have to agree that chicago cycle sucks,they advertise 9400 on
the internet then when u call they would tell u they dont give otd over the phone,
so im fighting with one of the salesman to get an otd and then i finally say i have
10,500 in cash, he tells me he couldnt do it for that .now if thats not bullshit
i dont know what is

·
Registered
334 Posts
yeah i have to agree that chicago cycle sucks,they advertise 9400 on
the internet then when u call they would tell u they dont give otd over the phone,
so im fighting with one of the salesman to get an otd and then i finally say i have
10,500 in cash, he tells me he couldnt do it for that .now if thats not bullshit
i dont know what is
CCC doesn't give prices on teh web? The prices on their site are MSRP...So I don't know where you're getting $9400 for the bike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts