Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
checkered flag front stands

I just received my set of stands from checkeredflagmotorsports.net and the stands them selves look like very good quality but the front stand is confusing the shit outa me. All there is, is this little pin that sticks out of each side of the stand but I have no clue how its supposed to work. Does anyone have a set of these stand that could explain to me how the front stand works.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got these stands too and they confused me too. What ya gotta do is put those slider bar things in the stand and make sure the angled pin is facing towards the back of the bike(away from you). What i did was set up the front stand like i was going to lift the bike up and line up the pins with the bottom of the forks. If you look at the bottom of the fork you will see a hole where they go. Once you have it lined up well, just tighten the set screws down and you should be all set. Once it is up on the stand make sure that it is steady. If you have any other questions lemme know, good luck bro :cheers

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Just a quick hi-jack. I ordered a set from them also. payment cleared Paypal 10/14. Still haven't gotten mine. How long did it take to get yours? I am in NY.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Fair warning, unless the design has changed, they will scratch the shit out of the bottow of your fork tubes. It was recommended I dip them in rubber (the stuff you dip tool handles in) to protect them, but that didn't last very long. It really doesn't bother me any more as nobody can really see the scratches but they're there. Other than that, they're excellent stands for the price. :thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.