Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
i wish he would part that thing out !!i want the wheels but he is on crack wanting that much for a old 750 with sweet wheels

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
That thing has been for sale for like two years! I like it but not for 6900.00!
Bones

·
Registered
77 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
That thing has been for sale for like two years! I like it but not for 6900.00!
Bones
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Are you talking about the first bike on this page? If you are, it's been through 2 different owners already since that ad went up. I'm not defending the $6900 asking price, as I'm not the one who put it up for sale, but you also have to realize there's no way you can duplicate it for anywhere near this amount. Let's see...

Keihin FCR's: ~$1000
Ti axles/bolts/nuts: ~$1500
Magnesium wheels: ~$2000
Custom rearsets: ~$500
Fox shock: ~$500
USD forks/resprung/revalve: ???
Spondon Engineering swingarm: ???
Limited 750 motor: ???
Yoshimura billet triple clamp: ???
Yoshimura Tornado Aluminum tank: No longer available
and other stuff I don't remember...

If I added up the amount of $ that I've spend on my bike I'm pretty sure it would be over $6900, and my bike is no where near as nice as this one. Personally, after modifying my own bike, if I had to start all over again I'd pay more to get a bike that already has the trick parts on it and the bugs worked out than a cheap bike and then proceed to spend an obscene amount of $ on it "to make it better."

Yancy

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
well the spondon arm is 1300.00
the ltd motor if you found one that was unmolested and stock figure 1000+
usd forks can be had at a decent price though
-Karl

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
OK so it cost loads to build but you never get any of it back.
That's way over priced.

Maybe he does lots of drugs and places adds when he's high !

Andy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts