Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been out of the bike game for awhile. I want to get another bike again soon but in the mean time I picked up a new ride.

2007 Corvette Z06
67,000 miles
427 cubic inch 7.0L engine

The car is all stock performance-wise except an intake. It's got stock blacked out ZR1 wheels on it as well as tinted covers for all the exterior lights.

Love this car.

If any of you guys want to follow me on IG my name on there is: lvz06. I will be keeping it up-to-date with pictures and build updates.

Don't know why the pictures on here upload so small and the quality of picture is degraded.

Question: I know even a stock 600 will be quicker than this car but at what speed does this car start pulling on a bike? This car stock is 505HP 470TQ and weighs 3,150 lbs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Beautiful car, congrats. One of the sexiest cars on the road IMO. Closest I could ever afford was a Dodge Stealth, lol

NO idea where it would start pulling on a 600 - one way to find out though. :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful car, congrats. One of the sexiest cars on the road IMO. Closest I could ever afford was a Dodge Stealth, lol

NO idea where it would start pulling on a 600 - one way to find out though. :)
Thank you! This thing is just so awesome. I love that it's got a huge motor (427 7.0L) and it redlines at 7,000 rpms. Pretty high for an engine this size.

I would think (and this is only a guess) that it might start pulling on a 600 at around 110 mph? Not sure. I haven't taken it nearly this fast but over at the Corvette Forums this is what the car tops out at each gear...

1st - 62
2nd - 92
3rd - 125
4th - 165
5th - 198
6th - cruising

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,859 Posts
You need to make sure those heads have been taken care of so you don't drop a valve and kill your engine. You and a 600 have a very similar quarter mile, probably a slight advantage for the 600, and your aerodynamics are superior, so I imagine you'll start noticing that above 120-130. Once you go with a cam and headers, it's over for the 600 if you can drive.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to make sure those heads have been taken care of so you don't drop a valve and kill your engine. You and a 600 have a very similar quarter mile, and your aerodynamics are superior, so I imagine you'll start noticing that above 120-130.
Yep, I'm well-aware of the heads issue. Funny you mention it, I actually have an install appointment with a performance shop in California for next month to have Stage 4 heads put on with all new springs, valves, retainers, push rods, rockers and the heads are being race ported, milled and polished as well as having long tube headers with x pipe and exhaust installed and then dyno tuned.

·
3,859 Posts
Yep, I'm well-aware of the heads issue. Funny you mention it, I actually have an install appointment with a performance shop in California for next month to have Stage 4 heads put on with all new springs, valves, retainers, push rods, rockers and the heads are being race ported, milled and polished as well as having long tube headers with x pipe and exhaust installed and then dyno tuned.
If you're doing that, you should also go with a different cam to take advantage of the greater efficiency of the heads. At that point, you'll be getting close to 750 territory.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're doing that, you should also go with a different cam to take advantage of the greater efficiency of the heads. At that point, you'll be getting close to 750 territory.
I don't want to do everything all at once, even though it would make sense to get a cam now with the heads off. A cam will come later. I'm excited to have the work done. I think it'll be a whole new animal. It already is. I love being in 2nd gear at 60 mph and then mashing the gas. Very strong pull.

·
3,859 Posts
I don't want to do everything all at once, even though it would make sense to get a cam now with the heads off. A cam will come later. I'm excited to have the work done. I think it'll be a whole new animal. It already is. I love being in 2nd gear at 60 mph and then mashing the gas. Very strong pull.
By the time you consider the cost of a new tune versus just doing the cam, you'd have saved yourself time and money, and the fact that you're going to have to disassemble things for the pushrods and the cam itself. And don't forget to replace your lifters and lifter trays when you have the heads replaced.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Really nice, great car except for the head issues which you already knew about. :punk

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,058 Posts
vettes are so much fun to skate.

nice n light plenty of power. good times

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love the car. It amazes me how hard it pulls especially over 5,000 RPMs. It redlines at 7,000 RPMs which is awesome. It's completely stock too, except for an intake.

I still miss having a bike though. There is nothing quite like being ON a motorcycle and feeling that wind, rather that being IN a car.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Cars confuse me. On paper, a bike SHOULD pull away everywhere. But two times I messed-around with cars on the highway, I don't know where I'd put my money.

Once was with some big AMG Merc on the slab. I was on a K6 1000. He pulled up beside me and wanted to go so why not. At 120 kms, I dropped just a gear (5th), thinking "it's just a car"... and he made me look downright stupid. We repeated this over and over again for a few minutes and even when starting from 2nd (I know that bike could've done 1st no problem but I didn't want to) and it came down to who dropped the hammer first.

My buddy had a BMW M5. Can't recall the year but it was an E39 body, the year before they switched from V10 (505 hp) 'down' to a V8 TT. Same results.

That same buddy is the guy who told me he was taken for a ride in a C5 Z06 and it was the only car he was ever actually scared in.

A 600? You'll kill it. Even on a bigger bike, it'll be down to the operator / reflexes.

Welcome to the forum :cheers

EDIT: Cars, especially with an automatic, are much easier to launch, especially with TC and launch control. Hold the wheel and stomp the gas. It just takes a much higher skill level to actually ring everything a bike has to give in comparison so with equal operators and sufficient (ridiculous) horsepower, cars have the edge. It'll take a top-notch skilled rider to make the 'on paper' advantage that bikes have to actually pay off.

·
3,859 Posts
'08 ZO6 NA 640rwhp - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

To give an idea of what a properly-done H/C/I/E C6Z is capable of. That is a low 140 mph-trapping car, which is damn near what a K6 1000 will do. And you can put that power to the ground far more easily than trying to control a liter bike from a 1st gear roll. So, they're perfectly capable of surprising a less-than-experienced rider.
If my plan for a corvette didn't involve boost, I would love a C6Z. They're absolutely nasty with some work done to them. And the sound of a 7L V8 shifting at 7,000-7,500 RPM. Oh dear.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts