Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am puzzled. I am keen to check out all the sensors are properly connected (and have a dealer mode switch) but I can't get beyond the code CHEC on the dash. The manual mentions a number of reasons but these seem a bit vague. The engine runs (albeit slightly rough - or am I getting paranoid?!).

Can anyone suggest what I should do to clear this code?
Thanks
Jan

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
CHEC is pretty unusual if the bike is actually running -- that's the part that puzzles me.
In my experience, I only get a CHEC message if <ul type="square">[*]the kill switch is set to off[*]my hidden kill switch is clicked off ( this is the same as having the sidestand down, or having a sidestand switch that's not working)[*]you could have a fuse that's burnt out - the one that's labelled "ignition" in the wiring diagram and in the fuse box[/list]

with any of these, Ithe bike really shouldn't start at all, and shouldn't run. Hmmmm..... can't figure out how you're running your bike with a CHEC message.

What I think you should do anyway is to check all your wiring harness connectors. Just lift the tank up, take the seat off, and check all the connectors starting at the battery, around the ECM, under the tank, and on the right side of the bike. Make sure their all plugged in. Check that ignition fuse just for completeness. If you have a hidden kill switch, try removing it from the circuit -- sometimes simple switches can go bad and cause whacky errors .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you ll for your suggestions. I will give it all another check over and especially that fuse. A bit frustrating 'cos I can't get as far as checking everything else by getting a Cnn code till I have cleared this one!

Someone off this list suggested it was to do with he exhaust servo, which I have disconnected, but wouldn't that just give a C46 code?

any further ideas most welcome!

Jan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts