Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get Pro Grips for my bike. Are they worth getting over the stock ones and if so, where is the cheapest place to get them?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Pro grips makes a lot of different grips.. I use them.. The ones I have are black with the small slits in it with different colors in them... They are soft and work great.. You have to replace them a lot more often, but for the 8 bucks it costs it is worth it to me.

John

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think those are the ones I am looking at. I think they are 724s. How often are they replaced?

·
Registered
241 Posts
PRO GRIPS ARE THE BEST!!!!
I have been using the black gel (780) type for years.. excellent feed back from the bars...

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR CHOICE.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i have the black with the yellow patch for lack of better term that wraps around th hand portion and has some black slits. I think i did notice a lil difference. but for 9.99 i think they are worth it, and i really do like the look, they really make a good apperance/poser factor.

you will have to kind of modify the throttle one for a better fit. I ended up shaving out the inner side so that it would fit better, and then trid to cut a little slit to go over the outside of the throttle device. Kind of hard to explain but you will notice when you remove and look at the stockers compared to the PRO-grips and then also look at the throttle-roller?? nothing hard, its worth it.

i got mine at the dealer for 10 and i think that probably the cheapest, cause i see new ones on ebay for like 12 then shipping.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
we carry all of the pro grip...if you know exactly which model grip you want we can get them to you...the ones that we use on the race bikes are the 699's...they are great grips...they seem to get a little sticky when they get hot and i personally like that...we put them on all the bikes as replacements....the retail for $7.95...if enough guys get together on this i will put together a deal for gixxer.com...let me know...

dwayne

·
Registered
295 Posts
what exactly is the 699? can you post a pic? explain?

i thought of asking what a common true racing grip was or is it all a matter of preference, even in professional racing?

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts