Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 600 - the headlights dim (pulse) when i put the blinkers on - and dim when i brake. when i rev it up a little they get brighter.
i thought it might be the stator but it ohm'd out ok. anyone have this problem before?

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
mine do this a little bit after I first start the bike from being cold, but I never notice it when I'm riding...

could be the voltage regulator?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rayzor, I'm not an expert at all, but I had similar power problems with my gixxer and it turned out to be just my regulator rectifier. My battery would keep dying. My headlights were dim and if I put my brights on, my guages would jump down to zero. My horn was always faint no matter what. I acheived these results with a brand new battery. Hope this helps a little.

P.S. My regulator+rectifier was $175 from the shop. It hasn't come in yet but I know the shop I goto is usually a little high sometimes.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Check the plugs all over the bike..
They get old and the contacts dont conduct power as well... This makes the lights dim like that...

John

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I don't know if this concept work on a bike have not tried it yet but on a vehicle if you have vehicle running and remove the positive post of the battery and the car dies then it would be your alternator not doing its job, now on a bike since it is seperated rect/stator you can individual replace. Same concept though

·
Registered
645 Posts
is your battery charged at all?
Since your bike has a generator, it doesn't really keep it charged, and so therefore you may want to test the battery. Often times you'll see where you charge the battery and/or replace it with a new one that's fully charged... that your bike will wake up and all electricals will function right. I had this happen to me too. I charged my battery and then it had a huge burst of power like it used to have. It's just a thought for you maybe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts