Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kinda light bulb does the upper headlight have?? h4 or h7?? and how do i replace it?? its kinda hard taking the rubber off because theres is not enought room for my hands..can someone pls help me..thanks

.::pHLiP::.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Unfasten the front cowling off of the fairing stay.(you have to take the fasteners off of the top of the L/R fairings too. Easiest way I know unless you have girl hands to be able to squeeze under the cowling.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I didn't go throught all that, I just removed the bottom screws on the speedo and turned it up. Then I was able to reach in there and remove the rubber on the upper headlight. Not too hard. Good Luck

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
remember to touch the new bulbs with your fingers.................

im kidding, dont really do that or your gonna have some wasted bulbs, and possibly burned up harneses

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Changing bulbs looks as though it will be more challenging than on my previous 01 600 (due to the tight space between forks and instrument/headlight area). It used to be a snap, I'm dreading when my bulb burns out! The price of progress I guess

·
Registered
505 Posts
It's easiest to just remove the plastic fairing underneath the front cowl (the one with all the pushpins). Then you can get to it from underneath there really easily! Also, lift up your speedo to get even more room. If you're just chaning bulbs it shouldn't be too hard. If you're installing HID's like I did, I would suggest removing the entire front cowl and working on it on your carpet in your pad...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yo..how much did ur HID kit cost u???was it hard to install it?? u think the HID on the BMW 3 series will work if i put them on my 04 gix?? k thanks..
.::pHLiP::.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts