Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure if I should change them yet , looks like they still have some life left .feel as if I usually change them too early…. They seem to look like half the thickness of the new pads I have … the pics are from the throttle side .. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still plenty of life left in them, but when it comes to brake pads they are relatively inexpensive and if it's on your mind it will give you peace of mind to just change them. I would also look at servicing your calipers, I'm not 100% sure due to the angle of the photographs but your brake pads don't seem to be wearing evenly. (lower right and upper left pads look to be different wear levels)

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,229 Posts
Per 2-24 of the service manual, you're supposed to replace the pads if they wear to the point that the grooves are gone. I don't see grooves on yours so it's time to replace them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are ebc double h , they dont have any groove like the oem had . Just posted a new set pic

·
Registered
40 Posts
These are ebc double h , they dont have any groove like the oem had . Just posted a new set pic
No need to replace yet, I'd likely swap them out about 50% from what you have now or earlier if I have the time. Pads are relatively cheap so there is no harm in getting ahead of it.

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
past groove is just bedded in, for the street, they good till the sensor squeals, OR, if they feel wrong of indifferent then change em, if they're not grabby, spongy, fading or making noise why change em, they stop pds, if they stop you with no issues get your money's worth, they won't hurt anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts