Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how on earth do you change the H& bulb in the projector of a 05 gsxr6? the h4 high beam is relatively easy, but it seems you have to take off the whole front fairing and take out the headlight itself to access the lower bulb properly.

that is a feat i dont want to take on unless i know exactly what is involved and which bolts i need to remove.

·
Registered
198 Posts
you don't need to remove anything except the instruments...just unplug it and take it completely out. yea i changed my bulbs out to some silverstars and it was quite the chore...but they work a lot better.

·
Registered
198 Posts
im not saying that's gonna solve all the problems...but taking the instrument panel out will make more room to get your hands in. it's gonna be a headache, but it can be done. there should just be one wire hooked up so unplug that. the panel tilts up and down but it takes some strength to take it off. it WILL come off

·
Registered
51 Posts
just take the front fairing off. It's not to hard to figure out. It took me about an hour to change my bulbs out. That was the first time I had taken the front fairing apart. I imagine I could do it in about 20-30 min now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts