Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of going with the D.I.D. 520ERV3 Gold X'ring Race Chain. I currently have an RK 520 X-ring chain. However, I was told that I would get a little more power to the rear wheel with the DID. Do you guys have any suggestions? Also, just how easy is it to replace the chain. I was thinking of buying the little pocket chain breaker and riveter that MotionPro makes and doing it myself.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
However, I was told that I would get a little more power to the rear wheel with the DID.
So who was blowing smoke up your ass?? The dealer???

njracer

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
However, I was told that I would get a little more power to the rear wheel with the DID.

njracer
i agree ., ID or RK., just as good., no extra power thats for sure., but a good sales pitch., LOL

any 520 will give you more., now one 520 over the over., NO...

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts

njracer
i agree ., ID or RK., just as good., no extra power thats for sure., but a good sales pitch., LOL

any 520 will give you more., now one 520 over the over., NO...
actually the DID is lighter than the RK and Regina...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm on a DID ERV2 520 on my GSXR 600 and love it. My R6 track bike has a RK GB520 XSO chain. Comparing specs from both DID and RK, the RK had more tensile strength. Either way both DID and RK are both respectable companies with good products.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
if you want more power to thr rear, take an ice pick and take all the O rings out of the chain. cuts down on the chain life but offers less restriction

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey actually it was an instructor with MMI (via Orlando, FL). And I think I worded that incorrectly. He wasn't necessarily comparing RK to DID, instead he was comparing the RK that is currently on my bike (which has had better days), with a new DID 520ERV3. So I guess I'll be going with the DID. As for breaking the chain I see sooo many different options. What's the best to go with. The kits for around $100 that come with the chain breaker and riveting tool. Let me know.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
buy a good one. my first one broke.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Don't listen to WiZo...he breaks EVERYTHIING.....bikes....bones.....more bikes.....more bones.....ect. Do you see a pattern here??

njracer

BTW - I have the MotionPro kit and it workd fine......when I break a chain, I still grind down the pins so I'm not beatin da crap out of the tool.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
ill look when i get home. and mine you can breake the chain with it.
i think it is the motion pro

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
i agree buy a good one., Fever broke mine and never fixed it..

fever
Fever BLOWED up my Hawk and never fixed it.......me no like him anymore,

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Hey Wiz...What's a good one? Better yet, which type do you have now?
www.streetandcomp.com They have an EK chain tool that is serious rig. I have done 5 chains with it and it shows no signs of wear. I have broken a motion pro tool before. I don't think they show it on their web so you will have to call.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
i wasn't the one runnning with the fucking thing on fire!!! and Dave i did replace the pin remember???
um NO., it is still broken., REMEMBER>< dont lie,....
nope someone else broke it the second time and i remember when!!! but i'm not saying who and the same person rigged the tip to push the pin out but i'm not mentioning names....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts