Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just curious about which DID chain I should get. Currently on the street and on the track in the future. I'm not sure if in the future it is going to be just a track bike or a street bike as well....it all depends on what I can afford later on. I am going to be going 1 down in front and 1 up in back as well. I'm looking at the 520erv2 and 520vm. I can't find anywhere that really tells me what the difference is? faster wear maybe? also how many teeth are on the stock sprockets? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I've got the 520VM and it is kick ass! Todd at Cal-sportbike said that the ERV is overkill for the 600 (and my use of the bike) and it would be a waste of money.

Stock sprockets are 16 for the front and 45 for the back. I have an AFAM up front and a Sidewinder rear sprocket.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The 520 chain & sprocket set is lighter than than the stock 525-but unless you're ama material-you won't notice the diff.I would rec 15-47 set up for most street & track duty-unless the tracks you're going to are very high speed.Just look for the best deal on either the 520 or 525 set & be sure to use a rivet link-no master clip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.