Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have my 00 gsxr 750 .. i baby it change the plugs oil and filter 2 times a year, i change the chain and sprockets as needed, i keep the chain oiled and the bike super clean.. it runs good.. but yesterday i was on the parkway and coming outa tollbooth and cracked the throttle to wheelie and when the front tire was coming up the chain popped... didnt get hurt just broke the clutch cover and got the chain cought up in my chain guard.. LUCKLY... but the chain has and allways has the right amount of slack in it.... allways oiled.... dont know why this happened. maybee because the day before i was riding home int eh rain?? not sure.. i have steel sprockets so nothing happened to the sprockets but the link busted the pin bent and fleew out.. any reaasons why this happens..??

oh yea im runnin 1 tooth down in the front wheelie kit and a 525 chain.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
I'd inspect it real good where it broke. Was your chain riveted together, or did it have a "clip-style" master link?

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
Word to the wise, check your sprocket cover!!!!!! My chain didn't break but the slack wacked the shit out of the sprocket cover and all kinds of shit broke. Have to replace the sprocket cover and the water pump not to mention having to get a new chain and sprocket kit.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my shit just broke the sprocket cover.. and yea my chain was rivited together.. i think the person didnt use the anvil to smash the pins.. just my personal opinion from inspection. but i rode it yesterday hard and ti rode fine..

·
Super Moderator
17,509 Posts
so i have my 00 gsxr 750 .. i baby it change the plugs oil and filter 2 times a year, i change the chain and sprockets as needed, i keep the chain oiled and the bike super clean.. it runs good.. but yesterday i was on the parkway and coming outa tollbooth and cracked the throttle to wheelie and when the front tire was coming up the chain popped... didnt get hurt just broke the clutch cover and got the chain cought up in my chain guard.. LUCKLY... but the chain has and allways has the right amount of slack in it.... allways oiled.... dont know why this happened. maybee because the day before i was riding home int eh rain?? not sure.. i have steel sprockets so nothing happened to the sprockets but the link busted the pin bent and fleew out.. any reaasons why this happens..??

oh yea im runnin 1 tooth down in the front wheelie kit and a 525 chain.
Where on the parkway?
Were you the guy just on the side of the road at the Exit 11 Turnpike tolls???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.