Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate the lube over my wheel. so does anyone have a recomendation to a good chain lube i mean i wipe off the extra everytime but it still flings everywherel.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I highly doubt you'll find one that it COMPLETELY free of fling-off but of the ones I've tried I've taken a liking to this......

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lube your chain after you ride, when you leave your bike for the night. Until the morning it will settle in and not fly all over your bike. If it does it is easily cleaned with diesel fuel. In fact that is what i use to clean my chain before i lube it....it's a little messy but gets the job done. I use Motul Chain Lube

·
Registered
533 Posts
Lube your chain after you ride, when you leave your bike for the night. Until the morning it will settle in and not fly all over your bike. If it does it is easily cleaned with diesel fuel. In fact that is what i use to clean my chain before i lube it....it's a little messy but gets the job done. I use Motul Chain Lube
EXACTLY on the letting it settle overnight, ive always used kerosene but diesel would be cheaper... never heard of anyone using it before

but i like pj1 or chain wax.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
my thoughts exactly..

chain wax for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for all the help i do let it sit over night. i don't get much fling i'm just tired of cleaning my wheel all the f'in time but again thanks for the help and recomandations.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've ONLY had success with HONDA brand chain lube after 10yrs of mx riding.
Deff the best if you can find it

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
dupont teflon spray is fling free
x2
Great stuff. Repels water and dirt as well. I think I picked mine up at Napa.
webbikeworld.com has an article or two on it.
I've always been told to use Kerosene. Wally world always has it this time of year. 1gal like $5. It goes a long ways

1 - 20 of 44 Posts