Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike 04 750, stock sprockets 17 t f 43 t r chain 110 links. Waiting for a 520 conversion kit from ebay. 17t f 46t r chain 120 links. ? does this = cutting the new chain down to 113 links to keep the stock wheelbase? THANKS for any replys in advance!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
not necessarily. basically what you do is bring your rear wheel as far forward as possible. Put the new chain around the sprockets and find out what link they meet up at. think at which link you would need to put your master clip or rivet link at and grind that one out (off the bike). put it back on the bike and then put the link on and then bring your wheel back to adjust chain tightness. Does that make sense?
Just don't think about teeth number and link number to be a fixed amount because it hasn't worked that way for me yet. Hope that helps.

This is what has worked for me. I actually jsut put my new 520 on tonight. If there is a better/easier way, i'd love to hear it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.