Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much play is supposed to be on the bottom run of chain on my 91 1100? I have been told two different things now...

one is to sit on the bike and and check the bottom run of chain for 1 inch total. Half inch up and half inch down.

The next is to check the chain with the bike on its side stand and to adjust for 1 full inch up and down.

Whats correct?

Thanks!

CT

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Your right.. I need a service manual
But thanks for the help once again! My chain is to tight.. I am going to go adjust it now.

CT

·
Registered
68 Posts
I must not ride my bike enough.

If acording to the service manual i should be riding about 1000 km in 2 months.

While my bike is a 85, therefore is should have around 10200 km (500 X 12 ,months X 17years) on my bike. It only has about 45000 on it.

So to get my bike back to factory spec i think that i am going to have to ride it any where and everywhere possible this year. possibly taking it on a couple of long distance road trips, to make up for the missing 57000 km.

I think i should get a factory spec manual just so i don't miss anything else of this manner.

I urge anyone else to make up for this "undermilage problem" as i am sure that some people have, by riding for all your worth, untill you have reached your optimum milage.

weas

·
3,482 Posts
Originally posted by FastCat:
you really ought to get a service manual

...or I'll post `em up as you ask for `em.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Your right FastCat, I'm guilty as hell also, and have been winging it for years. But could you please post info on front axle and caliper torque? I promise I'll order a manual this week
Hopefully I'll begin to fix my under mileage problem next week!

[ 04-24-2002, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Ragnar ]

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Ragnar:
Your right FastCat, I'm guilty as hell also, and have been winging it for years. But could you please post info on front axle and caliper torque? I promise I'll order a manual this week
Hopefully I'll begin to fix my under mileage problem next week!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">um...

here's the torque sheet for those... but it's from an `89 model... my manual only covers `89 - `92

...or were you just being sarcastic??? it's late, I'm having trouble with my sarcasmometer... ANYway, I have the whole manual scanned and I'd be happy to post it somewhere if someone wants to donate webspace.

·
3,482 Posts
Ha Ha......your sarcasmometer works perfectly, I was totally serious. '89 torques are fine, thank you!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by Da Weas:
I must not ride my bike enough.

If acording to the service manual i should be riding about 1000 km in 2 months.

While my bike is a 85, therefore is should have around 10200 km (500 X 12 ,months X 17years) on my bike. It only has about 45000 on it.

So to get my bike back to factory spec i think that i am going to have to ride it any where and everywhere possible this year. possibly taking it on a couple of long distance road trips, to make up for the missing 57000 km.

I think i should get a factory spec manual just so i don't miss anything else of this manner.

I urge anyone else to make up for this "undermilage problem" as i am sure that some people have, by riding for all your worth, untill you have reached your optimum milage.

weas
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uh oh... mine's an 86 with only 14,000 km on it.

[ 04-25-2002, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: WebWarlock ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts