Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am expecting a new AK tomorrow.
I've had a Norinco for years, but never take it out of the safe & haven't shot it in years.

I ordered a Century Arms RAS47 from J&G Sales for $660 shipped. It's 100% American made and all Nazi Jersey requires is I pin the muzzle brake and it's good to go.
I've got a crap load of Jersey legal mags, all I need now is a few thousand rounds of 7.62.

I ordered it outfitted in the MagPul furniture.
Anybody have one of these things??
Experience?

CAI RAS47 AK Style Semi Auto Rifle, 7.62x39, MagPul MOE Stock, US MFG, New.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2gcVDhtRT4

·
Calamari
306 Posts
Palmettostatearmory.com is a great site to buy ammo and pretty much anything else. Sign up for their web emails and you will get some great deals via email. I have bought a lot ammo from them for the last 2 years without any problems. Btw, I'm an AR man.

·
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Palmettostatearmory.com is a great site to buy ammo and pretty much anything else. Sign up for their web emails and you will get some great deals via email. I have bought a lot ammo from them for the last 2 years without any problems. Btw, I'm an AR man.

I've used Palmetto before and they're Jersey friendly, but I'm just shopping for a bulk buy. Their BULK BUYS are out of stock right now..:sad

FTR, I've got "several' AR's in my collection.....:biggrin :shifty

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
I just ran a few hundred through my Zastava M-92 yesterday. First time firing it in a while. I forgot how much more it recoiled than the ARs and how hot the rail gets! I was worried it was going to fry my red dot.

I could actually load her up and throw it in the front seat and go shop mags for you. lol (Its considered a "pistol" in Michigan.)

Attachments

·
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ran a few hundred through my Zastava M-92 yesterday. First time firing it in a while. I forgot how much more it recoiled than the ARs and how hot the rail gets! I was worried it was going to fry my red dot.

I could actually load her up and throw it in the front seat and go shop mags for you. lol (Its considered a "pistol" in Michigan.)
The 92 has a short barrel correct? What's the length in MI to be considered a pistol?

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
The 92 has a short barrel correct? What's the length in MI to be considered a pistol?
Yes. I believe it has an 8" or 8.5" barrel. Under 26 inches is a pistol in Michigan and the removable muzzle break and sig brace aren't counted in the measurement. I think this one measures at 25" if I remember correctly. I've since SBR'd it so it now has a stock and if I were to carry it (which I don't), I'd have to remove the stock or put the Sig brace back on (which wouldn't happen. I'm not a fan of them.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts