Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been to the track before and would like to get my feet wet a little. I don't know of any place to go in my area at the moment. so does anyone know a place to go and or things to do to prep?:scratch

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
Jennings GP.......it's about a 3 hour drive from Daytona. Get a trailer, rent a trailer, hook up with some friends with a trailer and head up there for the day. 3 hours is a pretty reasonable drive (my home track NJMP is about 2.5 from me).

http://www.jenningsgp.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
how does it work? I never been to the track. The site helped a lot thanks. I will be going osoon. should I do anything to my bike?

·
Yeah buddy!!
640 Posts
You also have another choice, PBIR which is in Palm Beach! Might be even less drive time from Daytona! Go to FloridaTrackdays.com, they do a lot of trackday events there!

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
You also can ride Daytona with Team Hammer on 10/17! I highly suggest you give it a try since it's something every rider/racer should do at least once!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I should be going there sometime this summer for a trackday. I like to sleep in my van, with a mosquito net for protection. I looked at their website, and no mention of camping facilities. Is there electrical power? Showers?

I have a Honda 2000 EU for tire warmers and if necessary, coffee in the morning. If no camping, what accommodations are available nearby?

·
I move away from the mic
6,548 Posts
Track Amenities
Track orientation class will be available free of charge for Novice riders
Limited Leathers, Boots and Gloves rental
Tire Service - Tires for Sale, Mounting
Trackside Photography
Trackside concession - Food & Drink (we recommend bringing plenty of liquids)
Free Camping
Free Showers

Click here for Location and lodging<<click>>

Electricity - $20 per day or $40 for the weekend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts