Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else on here racing on the National circuit this year. I am pretty sure I will be at all the major events. Calgary is the only one I may have to skip. I have been bumped to Pro Status for 2008...and the future...:crying so look for me at the back of the pack. There's just no competing with the Factory teams...Szoke, Crevier, Martin etc etc.
I am hoping to do well amongst the Pro Rookies for this season. 1st race weekend is Calabogie Ontario just about an hr from Ottawa.
If anyone is there come say hi...I will be on the Gixxer...black numbers 114. The bike will look like the picture below, just a little different as I re-painted the bodywork. Oh and all the Trophies are from me competing as an Amateur regionally last year at Shubenacadie Nova Scotia, I did well thus resulting in being bumped to Pro Status...Good but Bad...lol :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Congrats Eddie. I know you were tearing it up in Shubie. You flew by me a few times when I was out on Friday practice. LOL. It's actually cool to see. I had McBain fly by me coming out of 2, it is something I'll never forget. I hope you do well in the national series and I guess we'll see ya back at Shubie in August. Tear it up man. Best of luck.:cheers

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bud thanks alot. Are you selling the R6? A friend was describing a race bike that sounded like yours. I will be at Shubie this weekend. Maybe see you there!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Good luck Caper, I think you'll be racing agains Paul Glenn ... didn't he take the #1 plate last year in 600AM?

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Hey bud thanks alot. Are you selling the R6? A friend was describing a race bike that sounded like yours. I will be at Shubie this weekend. Maybe see you there!

Yeah my race bike is up for sale. Work schedule is all messed up this year so I don't think I'll be out to the track very much. I do have Friday off so I am planning to get out for Friday. Sucks working shift work when one month is different than the next, difficult to plan things. Anyway, might see ya there. :cheers

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Barn...Ya Paul Glenn won the National Amateur Championship last year. But he is running in the Canadian Thunder class on a BMW.
I never made it to the races this year guys its a long story. Basically my bike is all fugged up and is still not running. I have a new wiring harness on order and it will be put in next week. I work in ALberta and live in Nova Scotia and am only home for 5 1/2 days every 2 weeks. So my time is limited.
It seems everytime I get home I find something else wrong with the bike. This is the last straw though. f it doesnt run right next week I am stripping it and selling the parts and starting over for next year.
The guys had a blast at Calabogie said it was a great track. A little scary in some spots as I guess some turns have guardrails on them.
Next weekend is Mosport Ontario and I will not be there either. Lots of time to plan for next year I guess...DAMN IT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts