Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a really hard time deciding what kind of rig i want to wear once i get my permit.

Id like one with clips(no messing with a belt) and is IWB and i can adjust the cant. More than likely ill wear it on my hip with a forward cant.
ideas,suggestions?

maybe this one made by cross breed holsters.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Im having a really hard time deciding what kind of rig i want to wear once i get my permit.

Id like one with clips(no messing with a belt) and is IWB and i can adjust the cant. More than likely ill wear it on my hip with a forward cant.
ideas,suggestions?

maybe this one made by cross breed holsters.
For IWB, thats a good holster, and Galco summer comfort. I have a galco summer comfort IWB for every pistol I own. I also have a blackhawk serpa for each one for outside the hip carry. Lots of choices, you get what you pay for:cheers Galco and blackhawk are spendy, (about 35-55 bucks a holster, not terrible) but well worth it. There are other great holsters also, I'm sure others will chime in.

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For IWB, thats a good holster, and Galco summer comfort. I have a galco summer comfort IWB for every pistol I own. I also have a blackhawk serpa for each one for outside the hip carry. Lots of choices, you get what you pay for:cheers Galco and blackhawk are spendy, (about 35-55 bucks a holster, not terrible) but well worth it. There are other great holsters also, I'm sure others will chime in.
ill def check out the galco. Seems like the black is the only thing they have available. Getting the shooters pack with the gun for relatively cheap so ill see how it feels.

·
I
949 Posts
What kind of gun are you going to be carrying? I picked up a tagua gunleather holster when I was in Georgia this summer. I'm not sure where all they sell it but it was 30 some bucks and seems to be really good quality. It's called the quick draw belt holster and has a slight cant to it. I carry a glock 22 in it and it stays perfectly hidden. The leather is pretty thick and the stiching is really good.

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the gun pictured in that photo. fnp-9 comparable in size to an XD 45

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
I have a few and what you're describing is probably a COPM-TAC. Check out their site, specifically the C-TAC and Minotaur.

I wear my DeSantis Scorpion Kydex more than anything these days.

(Not me, I wish I owned belts this cool. lol)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I've got several CCW holsters(fav brand is Galco).

But, my most used by far is a cheap small waist pack w a G26(and not one designed to carry a pistol. most cops can spot those a mile away).

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I hear good things about Cross breed.

comp tac too....... but they dont make a rig to fit one of my pistols, and the other well I dont need a fancy rig for it.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
I hear good things about Cross breed.

comp tac too....... but they dont make a rig to fit one of my pistols, and the other well I dont need a fancy rig for it.
What do you have that they don't make a holster for? They make them for about everything and the best part is if they don't have one for your application simply call/email them and they'll make it. My buddy needed a cross draw for his Glock34 and TL1 light and had it in use a few weeks later. Great customer service.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
I've got several CCW holsters(fav brand is Galco).

But, my most used by far is a cheap small waist pack w a G26(and not one designed to carry a pistol. most cops can spot those a mile away).
I too wear a G26 in the exact holster that I pictured and you would be pretty hard pressed to spot it even when I had a job where I wore tucked in shirts, nice pants and ties.

BTW, why is it such a bad thing that cops can spot your gun? Seems to me that's like saying the 3rd base manager knows your catcher's signals to the pitcher. Not really who you're trying to hide it from anyway.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
What do you have that they don't make a holster for? They make them for about everything and the best part is if they don't have one for your application simply call/email them and they'll make it. My buddy needed a cross draw for his Glock34 and TL1 light and had it in use a few weeks later. Great customer service.

Taurus MilPro PT111.... and I asked, and they said no :dunno

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I too wear a G26 in the exact holster that I pictured and you would be pretty hard pressed to spot it even when I had a job where I wore tucked in shirts, nice pants and ties.

BTW, why is it such a bad thing that cops can spot your gun? Seems to me that's like saying the 3rd base manager knows your catcher's signals to the pitcher. Not really who you're trying to hide it from anyway.
I dont care if a cop spots it for the most part, other than the FACT (I have had it happen once already) that a lot of them dont know the damn laws they are sworn to, and will harass you even when you are legal.... and tell you that you are carrying illegally etc.

But if a cop can see it, a bad guy can too........ and if he does, who is his first target going to be? Element of surprise is worth a lot.

With that said, MOST criminals will be too self absorbed in their dirty deeds to notice fine details like that. Adrenaline is a bitch in that way..... but if he is a PRO, and they are out there, he is likely to notice and look for things like that.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
It can fit in some glock leather holsters, and a few other makes as well... but not kydex of course.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
It can fit in some glock leather holsters, and a few other makes as well... but not kydex of course.
Depending on how close it is you can always heat up the Kydex and form it a little better to what you need. Trim here and bend there. Kydex is some pretty cool stuff if you've never played with it.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Not close enough I am sure.

The biggest hangup is the trigger guard design on the taurus is too different. Much larger.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I can fairly consistently hit the kill zone of a silhouette out at 100yds, and have never had a FTF or anything with it........ :phhht

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
I can fairly consistently hit the kill zone of a silhouette out at 100yds, and have never had a FTF or anything with it........ :phhht
You're engaging targets w/a handgun at 100yds why?

Also, doesn't do you much good if you can't find a holster to reliably carry it. I was mostly joking but I guess there was some degree of seriousness to that portion.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I can reliably carry it, just not as comfortably as I like..... dilly stole that one anyway.

As far as the targets at 100yds. Simple. As the instructor I was working with explained, if you get where you can reliably hit at 100yds, then 50yds seems EASY. With it that comes faster site aquisition, and follow up shots. Then move that to 25 yds, then to 12.... then to straffing..... and the improvement is VERY obvious. Try it.

You are FORCED to do it right at that distance.

Just for a trick to prove a point......... a point that the ONLY thing that matters is keeping your sites aligned and keeping them there....... he would actually hit at 200yds probably 5 of 10 shots. He also was shooting nearly 100% accurate with his G40 upside down, standing on one foot, pulling the trigger with his pinkie. His point was making excuses like "must be my grip, must be my stance, must be my trigger pull" etc are moot points if you do ONE thing...... keep the sites ON the target until it goes bang.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
About this Discussion
96 Replies
9 Participants
Countryboy
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing