Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched the forums and looks like theres nothing too much on installing halos on our year bikes. Knocked out the job today on my new stallion.

this picture ^^^ came out all blue on the highbeam sides. It does look pretty badass though because the lowbeam is like a warm 4000k while the Angel eyes are a nice bright 5500k white. Ill get better pics because the halos are only hooked up to a power supply. I haven't wired a switch and fuse yet, which is coming tomorrow.

·
Registered
125 Posts
im going to be attempting this in the near future ... im going to be using LED's instead of CCFL halos so i can use them as turn signals and then have a single one for the headlight

what size are those CCFL's?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no clue how you would use leds as turn signals but whatever. These were big as hell, almost too big, I can't remember but i had to shave off the 3 other mounting tabs because they stuck out. Looks just how i wanted it tho

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could only take that when i had the power supply feeding it voltage not the bike. It was disassembled and ugly. I just spent 3 hours getting the bike clean and shiny tonite so tomorrow I will post more pics. I Personally like the contrasting colors between the lights, it makes the eyes stand out more.

·
Registered
310 Posts
looks great!!! :punk how long did the install take?? and yeah we need a ton more pics!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put red halos on my bike last yr. (black 750 K8) I love them, I have not seen anyone else with them. Talk about pain in the ass, it took me several hours to complete the install. if taking the whole front off wasn't enough, then heating the headlight unit to get inside was. I put plenty of cilicone on them. I def dont want them to move and have to open it again. :cursing

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put red halos on my bike last yr. (black 750 K8) I love them, I have not seen anyone else with them. Talk about pain in the ass, it took me several hours to complete the install. if taking the whole front off wasn't enough, then heating the headlight unit to get inside was. I put plenty of cilicone on them. I def dont want them to move and have to open it again. :cursing
that looks cool, got anymore pics?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill get some more pics as well. The black looks retarded Nice with the white halo's. I wanted to stay with white to keep the colors neutral, so i wouldn't have to add more of the color of the halo to the bike to match.

Worth the install. Make sure to waterproof up the wires, and throw a plastic ziplock around the cathode transformer so the water (if you ride where it may get wet) won't destroy it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to repost this, but may be more suited for this thread...

I have a K9 and want white halos.

Is there a way to wire the halos in to the low beam and avoid the switch altogether?
I don't need the halos on when the bike is off, or when the high beams are on...

I've read numerous threads in this forum with no real wiring help (with pics) for 08+... any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
alright first off nice job looks clean and everything. HOWEVER, save yourselves some money!
There was a thread regarding the ccfl angel eye/halo's a while back

a couple companies that sell them for xxx. amount of dollars buy them from these spots and charge you 10x the amount of the original cost.

So to help people never to get ripped off for there shit here it goes.

http://www.crazypc.com/products/82507B.html

go there purchase the 120mm for the high beams and the 80mm for the low beam it is a perfect fit. it's actually the same exact item you would get from at these stores. just remember when you unscrew the fan itself and take the ccfl out it's not meant to flex as it is made out of glass. so don't try stretching it to fit.

Overall pay 15 bucks for the item not over

http://www.crazypc.com/products/casemods/lighting.htm

just trying to put in some wise facts.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
and yes when purchasing from this site they do include an inverter you just have to purchase epoxy and a switch or splice it into your headlight wiring if you want it constant on or your turn signals if you want them to blink etc..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts