Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am assuming you saw the 200 buy it now marvic for a 900rr on ebay...
I am pretty sure you just need to change the bearings out...
-Karl

·
Registered
389 Posts
I put 2000 bandit wheels on a 93 cbr900.
The bandit wheels fit a gsxr.
what I had to do was make spacers for the front wheel I used the bandit rotors and spaced out the calipers.
On the rear I made spacers used the bandit sprocket hub and a 96-99 gsxr 750 brake rotor.
If I had to guess I would say it can be done.

G

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by KJ1:
-Karl
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes that is what I was Eyeballing.....
I've got the same identical marvic wheel but it's 5.5x17 instead of 6x17, I kinda wanna be able to run a 180 or a 190 on my bike....... it's not a buy it now auction though, it still has two days left on it.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by GixxerRacer371:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by KJ1:
-Karl
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes that is what I was Eyeballing.....
I've got the same identical marvic wheel but it's 5.5x17 instead of 6x17, I kinda wanna be able to run a 180 or a 190 on my bike....... it's not a buy it now auction though, it still has two days left on it.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dunlop recommends a 5.5" wide wheel for the D207 in the 180 size. I dunno `bout the CBR wheel, but I've got a 5.5" wheel in my `89 and it's a really tight squeeze... I'd think that the 190 tire would interfere with brake-arm and chain even if the 6" wheel fits in there (which I wouldn't be too sure about either). In any case, it seems like a whole lotta work for just 10mm more rubber...

G

·
0 Posts
These wheels were available for GSXR 750's in the 6.25"x17" size for true roadracing slicks.... a 6"x17" will fit fine on a 93-95 GSXR 750 without any modifications..... I just want the option to go either way..... I would most likely stick with a 180.

G

·
0 Posts
Anybody know specific details of what needs to be done to fit a CBR900RR rear wheel onto a 88-95 GSXR? I can assume all day long what needs to be changed out but has anyone here actually done this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts