Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, everyone on ebay wants too much for 3 spokes......anyone know how honda wheels fit? i'm thinking i saw some ?5,6,7? spoke wheels on cbr's that might look good....anyone? pics or anecdotes?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I remember seeing something somewhere on the web about either F2 or F3 CBR wheels fitting...But I didn't record it on my browser links...It might have been from Denmark or the UK...It was a couple of years ago...did you try a google.com search?

Personally I wouldn't use the CBR wheels...the rotors are smaller if I recall...and they're "Honduh" parts
your gixxer might develope an overwhelming urge to tour rather than race.

·
Registered
763 Posts
oldskoolgix,

I had a 89 GSXR 750 with CBR900RR wheels on it, and it looked AWESOME, because of the spoke pattern. The front one is msaller thanthe back one like 16X3.0F & 17X5.5R

The only thing I did was press the Suzuki bearings into the Honda wheel after it got back from the chroming place and they went right on.

I believe on this website link below, it mentions something about Honda wheels, but I know it has the wheel swaps for the oil-cooled GSXR's on the site.

Good Luck and if i find some old pics I will post them.

Here's the website:

http://www.tidepool.com/~tetrault/Home.htm

LATER,

JDB1371

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Originally posted by FastCat:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
http://www.gixxer.com/oldskool/wheelchart.htm
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I dunno about the accuracy of the rest of the chart, ...but the `89 1100 U.S. model had a 17 x 4.5" rear... NOT a 5.5". ...I know because I just bought a 5.5" rear to replace my 4.5" OEM one.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah come to think of it my 89 1100 came with a 160 rear tire. Not something you would mount on a 5.5 incher

okay I will change it just because

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm getting ready to do a swap on a FJ1200 (putting my old 17x4.5" on a friend's bike to replace the 16" that ya can't find tires for anymore). ANYway, I've got the brake-setup from another gixxer to go with the wheel, but was wondering how removing the brake-arm and putting a tab on the swingarm affects the rear-brake action... you said:

Because I'm using the CBR's rear brake I cannot use the GSX-R's torque arm any more so a locking plate has to be welded to the swingarm to keep the rear caliper from spinning 'round and 'round.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...and I was wondering if the mod made any difference in the feel/action of the rear brake?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well... the only time I use the back brake is when I want to remove the front sprocket ;-)
So I can't tell you anything about a difference in feel as it usually does nothing or locks up...
which may prove your point

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Mr.7/11:
Well... the only time I use the back brake is when I want to remove the front sprocket ;-)
So I can't tell you anything about a difference in feel as it usually does nothing or locks up...
which may prove your point
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm twisted... I ride my gixxer on gravel and grass and mud sometimes ...the rear-brake *does* come in handy on occasion, even if it does lock.
tell ya what though, that long, heavy FJ *needs* the rear-brake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
oldskoolgix,

I had a 89 GSXR 750 with CBR900RR wheels on it, and it looked AWESOME, because of the spoke pattern. The front one is msaller thanthe back one like 16X3.0F & 17X5.5R

The only thing I did was press the Suzuki bearings into the Honda wheel after it got back from the chroming place and they went right on.

I believe on this website link below, it mentions something about Honda wheels, but I know it has the wheel swaps for the oil-cooled GSXR's on the site.

Good Luck and if i find some old pics I will post them.

Here's the website:

http://www.tidepool.com/~tetrault/Home.htm

LATER,

JDB1371
I need other link to see the pictures please

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
ghostrider.1127
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing