Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My room mate owns a hyosung 250Gt... It's not looking too great to say the least. Can't believe he has been riding around like this, I've never seen such a catastrophic fork seal failure.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
A crash will cause that to happen. From the pictures , the bike looks like it went down.

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A crash will cause that to happen. From the pictures , the bike looks like it went down.
I think that's the look that comes from the factory with these bikes.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,941 Posts
I wouldn't call that a catastrophic failure because it's just a seal popped out.

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't call that a catastrophic failure because it's just a seal popped out.
Well I guess the real problem is he keeps riding it like that

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's just the dust cover/wiper coming off the outer fork tube, right? Obviously the seal is leaking too. He probably uses nothing but rear brake and doesn't care.

I see that all the time around here. Puddle under the fork, fluid all over everything...eventually it just fixes itself and stops leaking. ;)

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's just the dust cover/wiper coming off the outer fork tube, right? Obviously the seal is leaking too. He probably uses nothing but rear brake and doesn't care.

I see that all the time around here. Puddle under the fork, fluid all over everything...eventually it just fixes itself and stops leaking. ;)
It seems the seal has failed too and there is no oil left in the fork by how much is over the front rotors. Keeps the pads nice and lubricated though

·
Registered
249 Posts
It seems the seal has failed too and there is no oil left in the fork by how much is over the front rotors. Keeps the pads nice and lubricated though

It has definitely failed. That is what I was saying about it eventually fixing itself (no leak due to no oil). Fork oil and front brakes are overrated anyway. ;)
I remember looking at the shocks on one of those Chinese youth quads one time. It was just telescoping tubes with a spring on it. No fluid at all.

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has definitely failed. That is what I was saying about it eventually fixing itself (no leak due to no oil). Fork oil and front brakes are overrated anyway. ;)
I remember looking at the shocks on one of those Chinese youth quads one time. It was just telescoping tubes with a spring on it. No fluid at all.
Think hyosung is Korean, likely worse than Chinese made these days. I sat on it and compressed the forks, it provides the same action as a pogo stick haha

Reactions: what?

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
7,988 Posts
Years ago, I had to vinyl-wrap a hyosung. It was truly shocking how heavy it was. I think the frame was cast-iron. That's all I got on this subject.

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You thread title was being humerus right?

Frames snapping and wheels falling off while riding, THAT is a catastrophic failure.
Haha, I guess it was a bit of click bait... Just hold on though, it could happen pretty easily with this bike..stay tuned

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Years ago, I had to vinyl-wrap a hyosung. It was truly shocking how heavy it was. I think the frame was cast-iron. That's all I got on this subject.
Yeah man, I couldn't believe it. It's a 250 but when I sat on it and lifted it up it was considerably heavier than my gsxr.
The only thing that its got going for it is that you may mistake it for being something more sporty from far away.

Reactions: what?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts