I installed a two brothers s1r Slip on

now I’m looking for a cat delete and cant find it anywhere for my year

any help?

thanks
Matt

·
Registered
26 Posts
search for MJS Performance... they offer an option... I'd recommend just buying their header and sending yours in for "exchange" as that will eliminate the narrowing of the stock header collector at the SET Valve! Probably gonna need a "re-map" of the ECU too!

·
Registered
2017 GSX-R 750
8 Posts
I'm sorry for the newbie question, but what is a cat delete?
Do you mean the catalyst converter? And what do you benefit from removing it? (Serious questions, no sarcasm intended)

·
Registered
2011 Suzuki GSX-R750
229 Posts
Honestly, I suggest you don't take the time and expense to take the CAT off. It actually doesn't slow down the air flow much. To me, the big advantage is the weight reduction but this weight is down low where it doesn't matter as much. You can drop 5 lbs up high if you just replace the stock lead battery with a Shorai lithium battery (and charger). If you're interested, I can list the performance mods I've made to my 750.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Honestly, I suggest you don't take the time and expense to take the CAT off. It actually doesn't slow down the air flow much. To me, the big advantage is the weight reduction but this weight is down low where it doesn't matter as much. You can drop 5 lbs up high if you just replace the stock lead battery with a Shorai lithium battery (and charger). If you're interested, I can list the performance mods I've made to my 750.
Always interested in others’ performance mods👍🏻

·
Registered
2011 Suzuki GSX-R750
229 Posts
You asked for it:

Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller and Z-AFM Auto Fuel Mapper
If you haven’t heard of Bazzaz, you may have heard of Power Commander. Same thing, different company. I installed their fuel controller (Z-Fi) and auto fuel mapper (Z-AFM). This modification made a ridiculously fast bike even faster. The Z-AFM includes a larger O2 sensor that feeds data into the fuel controller software. Once you turn it on using the Bazzaz software (USB wire for laptop is located under the pillion seat)—it is constantly measuring the CO/O2 ratio, similar to an exhaust “sniffer”. The Z-AFM recommends changes to the fuel map to bring it into line with the target air/fuel ratio of 13:1 (the ratio is also adjustable). The beauty of this is that you can make any modifications to the bike you want, and the Z-AFM will simply give you a new custom fuel map based on the new setup. Presto change-o. One small note here—if you launch the Bazzaz software and you get an error saying that it can’t communicate with the device—just re-install the software making sure to check the box to include the driver. This happens because Windows can overwrite the driver as part of their pesky updates. It’s an easy fix.

Bazzaz Z-Bomb Timing Retard Eliminator
Some sportbike manufacturers intentionally retard the ignition timing in gears 1 to 4 at the factory, and this causes a slight loss of power in those gears. They do this for North America but not for Europe. I wonder why. I also wonder why there are black holes in the universe. I don’t have the answer for either. Gear 5 is the spot-on timing for maximum power. The Z‑Bomb device fools the ECU into using the gear 5 timing for all gears, with an increase of about 5-7 horsepower.

Sliders
The bike has these sliders to minimize damage in case of a crash: Vortex frame sliders, Yoshimura bar ends, swingarm spools, and Yoshimura billet aluminum engine case covers (aka crankshaft insurance).

Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) Valve
The SET butterfly valve is part of the stock exhaust header. It partly closes off the pipe to increase back pressure (reduce air flow) under certain conditions. Suzuki claims its purpose is to improve mid-range torque but I don’t believe it. More likely it has to do with emission and sound control. Anyway, I disabled it simply by pulling the correct wire (brown with black stripe and green rings) out of the ECM (engine control module), so now the valve is stuck in the open position.

Yoshimura Alpha Exhaust Slip-on
In my opinion, Yoshimura’s build quality is just as good as Akrapovič (hand made in Slovenia) but much cheaper (robot made in Japan). Some well-known exhaust brands are okay and some are total crap. Stick with Yoshi. I measured the idle noise level myself at 80 dB using the approved method for measurement. The Alpha is the most race-oriented exhaust canister they make. It’s a little loud when on the gas. I actually had someone roll their window up once while going down the road next to me.

K&N High-Flow Air Filter
K&N is the most popular brand, but there are other brands as well. These high-flow filters need to be cleaned every 10-15K or so using the K&N cleaner and oil only.

EBC HH Sintered Brake Pads
The only knock against this bike in stock form was the brakes. Test riders felt the stock pads tended to fade at the track after several laps with heavy braking. I noticed this too and replaced the stock pads with EBC HH sintered pads. These copper pads have the best “bite” of any street pads.

Puig Racing Windscreen
It’s designed for racing but it also reduces wind drag on the highway. (Puig is pronounced “pooj”.)

Puig 90 Degree Valve Stems
No big deal here, just easier to access the air valves. You should check the pressure often. I use 34/36 psi for front/rear on the street.

Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit
Eliminated the hideously ugly stock fender.

TechSpec Snake Skin Tank Pads
Very sticky…best I’ve ever seen. They’re not just for hanging off when racing. On the street, you can (and should) clamp the tank with your thighs and hold yourself up with your back muscles in order to take the weight off of your arms. You should be able to flap your elbows in the middle of a corner. If you can’t, you have too much weight on your arms.

Rim Stripes
I got reflective blue rim stripes from 6143 REFLECTIVE BERMUDA BLUE - 18 Pre-Curved, "Strobed" segments that light up at night under headlights—like the kind you see on backpacks and shoes. Great for night safety.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ha! Very similar to myself although I went for the ECU flash to remove the various restrictions instead of a piggyback set up, mine was a mail in though so I still need to get a custom dyno tune. I like the idea of constantly adjusting the a/f though.
I have the same Yosh slip-on, because Suzuki ❤ Yosh!
BMC air filter
EBC HH pads, Goodridge lines and the biggest improvement, a Hel master cyl. The stock one is garbage!
-1+2 on the gearing
Puig tinted screen
Lextek (British) rearsets
Engine, axle and bodywork protectors from R&G
Oh yeah, heated grips for me and a home made heated rear seat for the wife🤦🏻‍♂️
PS If you do any distance riding I’ve found SW Motech pannier set up to be absolutely top notch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts