Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm struggling so bad to find a cat delete for my 2016... I found some for the 2009 only but with splitter. Please help.. Any recommendation will be appreciated.
Why is so hard to find the de-cat for this bike year?

Thanks

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts
Voodoo makes one I think yoshi might also. Ill see if i cant find one for ya.

·
262 Posts
I looked a while found another forum where the guy was having the same problem he just cut his pipe took it to an exhaust shop and had them fab him up one. I think thats a good idea have one fabed for your bike at a locasl shop it would probably cost half the price anyway but you wont get the fancy namebrand. Not sure if you care all I care about is Quality parts.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
There's not much space once you cut the cat on the L2+ which may be the reason you're having difficulty finding one.
Here's the OEM exhaust from my L3 1K

Attachments

·
262 Posts
SO cut right after the butterfly valve and have them weld a mid pipe up for you. If you do a decat do you still utilize the o2 sensor? Im not familiar with the process.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,844 Posts
SO cut right after the butterfly valve and have them weld a mid pipe up for you. If you do a decat do you still utilize the o2 sensor? Im not familiar with the process.
If you decat, you need to tune the bike. Which it's up to the tuner if they want to keep the O2 sensor or not.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Yeah,but still there's not much room for error so your entire de-cat project is in the hands of the guy TIG welding your pipe.

·
262 Posts
Yeah,but still there's not much room for error so your entire de-cat project is in the hands of the guy TIG welding your pipe.
I personally would weld it myself I am confident with my fab experience and welding capabilities enough to do that but I understand what your saying though. You can find good exhaust shops around.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I personally would weld it myself I am confident with my fab experience and welding capabilities enough to do that but I understand what your saying though. You can find good exhaust shops around.
I'm confident in mine as well,I weld pipe for a living. Have you seen some of the mig welds an exhaust shop does? Please...

Regardless,it wasn't worth the time/effort for me to fire up my machine and opted for a quality full system that produced real power gains vs a cat delete&a slip-on just to make more noise.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anybody have a pic of how it looks like once cat cutted or with the local shop pope fix? Thanks

·
262 Posts
I'm confident in mine as well,I weld pipe for a living. Have you seen some of the mig welds an exhaust shop does? Please...

Regardless,it wasn't worth the time/effort for me to fire up my machine and opted for a quality full system that produced real power gains vs a cat delete&a slip-on just to make more noise.
Honestly I didn't know what the purpose of decat was until you just stated this. I've always done full exhaust again I'm newer to the street bike world.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol... What I meant to say is that I think cutting the cat in the 2012-2016 is too uncommon that I can't even find a picture on google.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Lol... What I meant to say is that I think cutting the cat in the 2012-2016 is too uncommon that I can't even find a picture on google.
Yes exactly. See post#4 above ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts