Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't know but they'll get you for at least one hour of shop time, and maybe a jet kit + filters and probably a day or two to get your bike back. If you opt to try/do it yourself, the guys around here are more than willing/bored enough to try and help you through it. Once you get a little gas on your fingers the rest is easy, and a can of carb cleaner is only three bucks.

·
Super Moderator
17,342 Posts
Preace on 88/750..Why pay some pimple-faced $70 an hr. to do a simple job? The site gurus would more than happy to help ya out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, but i gots to take it in anyway to have the tires mounted and balanced. All together its going to cost about 450 bucks at a shop. I got the bike about a year ago, and before that, it had been sitting in someones garage for 4 years. I just got my licence, so I need to practice a lot. I think i need to take it in anyway to have a professional look at it. I'm just a squid.

Even though its a 600, its goddam fast. I better take it easy for a while.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A good tip to get you started would be to by a manual like a Hanes or Clymer. Then get a Craftsman or Husky or some other good quality basic hand tool set (sockets, ratchets, wrenches, etc.) and some good screwdrivers and a set of good allen/hex wrenches. If you put out some dough for these tools , you can have them for the rest of your life.
Then when you decide to make that Katana 600 a little quicker, it'll be a breeze.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts