Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 94 GSXR 750 with an 1100 motor swapped into it...the bike is really clean, new paint, extended swingarm , runs crazy fast...PROBLEM...when I got it I noticed it was missing the airbox. I ordered a used airbox and until it came( I'm told I'll have to modify it a little to fit) I put filter pods on the carbs. It wouldn't run 10 ft with the pods on it. I snatched off the pods and it was back to business...its like the bike was tuned to run without air filter...I can't leave it like this , I know better . But if the pods dont work then I'm sure the airbox isnt going to either..from what I can tell they are 40mm big mouth carbs. Fuel air screw plug is missing and I have no idea what main jet, pilot, jet, fuel bowl height etc is suppose to be.. would I be better off buying some used carbs from a stock 1100 or taking these off and apart and guessing at what it needs...I want either the pods or the airbox , I'm putting the old swingarm on it which now it spins the back tire with the extended swingarm every time I try to take off...theres no easy in between with the throttle , crack it a little and it will throw you back. Its hard to ride like this. I'm all for power that's why I bought it like this but I also want to be reasonable and be able to ride it to the store without it fish tailing ...I know it will get worse when I put the stock swingarm on it. Question how can I tell what size these carbs really are? Is it stamped somewhere? And then do I just start putting smaller main jets in it or try tuning down the fuel air screw...the pods will be ok , hell anything will be ok other than open carbs which are letting dirt into my motor...also theres a Vance and Hines full header on it but the can has been gutted.. its loud and on a track it will probably haul ass but I want to be able to ride it without killing myself...I'm not a newbie, I have alot of bikes...zx636, FZR1000, ninja 1000r , Honda hurricane 1000, katana 750...but this thing is faster than the 636 and it was set up as a track bike.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts