Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm still having issues with my bike unfortunately. At idle everything is fine, but under 4000rpm in first and second gear occasionally she seems to cut out on a cylinder? I've tried adjusting my mixture screws and it got better today for a two hour ride and then on my way home when I slowed down to first gear it did it again, it will stutter on a cylinder until I rev over 4000rpm. On the highway in higher gears the bike runs like a dream...getting desperate now and fed up with all the gremlins, would really appreciate some help...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I decided to take the carbs out yet again and go through everything. Turns out one of my floats was of by 1mm and I think I had a leaking seal on the same carb. Replaced the seals and adjusted the float height...so far the bike runs awesome!! Hopefully that's the last gremlin i have to deal with...knock on wood!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was wishful thinking...ran awesome the first night, now I'm still having the same issue. It runs great on the highway but in 1st and 2nd gear under 4000 rpm it cuts off on a cylinder or two...sputters until I increase rpm and then it's fine...tempted to burn the damn thing but I have to figure this out...any suggestions or options would be greatly welcomed...

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts