Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I see a lot on ebay, but whether or not it's carbon-look or carbon fiber is an entirely different issue.

·
Registered
911 Posts
i think they are all just faux carbon.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
And what's your opinion based on?

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to one guy on ebay and his are real, I got a gauge cluster cover for my 91 a while back and it was top quality. I also asked him for a cover for may 91 triple but he does not have a template so I'm going to sent him a few triples from a few different year's and he's going to make some for me.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I would be interested in one if you could get one for me!

·
Registered
911 Posts
my opinion is based on the ones i have seen at local dealers. They are just a fake carbon fiber overlay in suzuki packaging.

Dont get me wrong i like them but I didnt even know they made real carbon overlays.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The guy that does it, does as a small biz not like these big companys trying to make a buck selling cheap shit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have purchased from SKUR and his parts are great. The fit and finish is as good or better than anything I've purchased from the big companies, and his pricing is where it needs to be.

And to jdmcb3si's comment, SKUR's are true carbon fiber overlays. Most of the ones I have seen at retail have been nothing more than puffy vinyl trying to pass off as true CF, but his are the real deal.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The guy that does it, does as a small biz not like these big companys trying to make a buck selling cheap shit.
I've seen a lot of fake carbon, but yeah, this guy's stuff looks real in the pics. Most carbon-look stuff doesn't have any depth in pictures, looks 2-dimensional. His stuff is fantastic looking. I'm wanting to get a set of fenders, hugger from a Busa and K1/2 undertail all in carbon to highlight the paint I want to do on the new rear/fairings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Bryce88. I was just clicking around and found this thread. I'll shoot you an email in a minute about the triple clamps.

Yup everyone my covers are real carbon and high quality, UV protected Epoxy resin. I don't use any of the cheap polyester crap. Lower rigibility and no UV protection = customers buying parts that suck! Yes the way I make them takes longer and more work and the materials I use are way more expensive but I have happy customers. Happy customers = referrals!

My new parts also have a top coat which give the part a mirror finish and deep 3D effect. I haven't seen any other manufacturer with the same finish yet. When I visited the local Ducati dealership, I took a look at all their aftermarket carbon parts including 3 full carbon bikes.....my finish is better than anything they have there. Puts a smile on my face knowing that a guy that works by himself is making better looking parts than the big brand name manufacturers.

Now I just have to get people to find out about me.
Ride Safe guys.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree that most parts on egay are cheap, fakes. But, if you want real, quality parts off there, your going to pay more. I personally think its worth it though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I would love to get some carbon parts for my 86 oiler. Just some things to give an offset from the black/polished theme.

let me know skur what you offer

·
Fortunae Nihil
2,906 Posts
I would love to get some carbon parts for my 86 oiler. Just some things to give an offset from the black/polished theme.

He's an eBay vendor if you want to look there first.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I sent Him A bunch of triples today, Parts will start to be available soon I hope.
I will also be sending him complete gauge clusters.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Bryce, did you send him to us? tell him to come back!

·
Registered
3 Posts
ChrAJohns0: I stop in from time to time. I'm in the middle of messin around with my machine so I'm not cutting parts for the next couple days. Once I get the triples in from Bryce I will start the test cuts asap and let you guys know what I have.

Right now I don't have any covers for the older GSXR's (pre 90's). I'm currently working on about 30 new models and have just finished all of the gas cap covers. It's crazy test cutting to make new parts while trying to keep my current inventory in stock. Test cutting is a PITA!!!

I do have a website and ebay listings but I don't spam my crap all over the place. I'll stop back in when I get the triples and the test cuts done.

I am looking to redesign almost all of my designs. If anyone has any triple tree clamps or gauge clusters please let me know. You can ship it to me, I'll use them to make a template, then return it to you along with a free carbon cover for your trouble. Let me know what you have!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finished some triple tree covers. I have a few right now and will be making more this coming week.

I have covers for the:
GSXR750 88-90
GSXR750 91-92
GSXR600 92-93/ GSXR750 93
GSXR1100 86-88
GSXR1100 91-92

I'm working on the pricing today.

Thanks,
SKUR

1 - 20 of 26 Posts