Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
No, not generally. Main difference for most is that they are more complicated to adjust

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I've had a carbed bike before, it never gave me any problems at all. If you run a bike in a very wide range of temperatures and altitudes, FI is technically better. Otherwise a carbed bike will run just fine if properly tuned and maintained.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
biggest PITA is having to balance the carbs every so often. personally I gave up doing that on cars back in the 80's, so there's no way I'd ever consider doing it 20 years later on a bike. just don't buy the first year FI model of any bike (although I thought my 600 was well sorted) and you'll be just fine.

·
eh'hole
2,104 Posts
easter bunny said:
biggest PITA is having to balance the carbs every so often. personally I gave up doing that on cars back in the 80's, so there's no way I'd ever consider doing it 20 years later on a bike. just don't buy the first year FI model of any bike (although I thought my 600 was well sorted) and you'll be just fine.
I find the fuel injection on my bike to be pretty good. Starts up fine in cold weather, I dont even have to bother with the fast idle most of the time. Throttle response is crisp even when the engine isnt warmed up. Of course the 750 had it a year prior to the 600, but I dont think it was changed at all. On a side note, the 750 went to an automatic fast idle in 2002 while the 600 kept the fast idle lever until 2003, correct?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.