Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i added a washer and the bike runs like i dont ever remember, only thing now is the stumble i use to have between 4&5 is now at 2-3k but the bike runs great other than that, the low end feels better as does the top-end, question- should i try adding another washer or leave it alone, if i get it to rich what will the symptoms be?
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey big whale, a low end stumble could be your air/fuel mixture screws that are located on the bottom side of you carburators. my dynojet stage 3 kit said to turn the screws out 2-1/2 turns. mine would stumble at this setting so i turned them out to 3 turns and it fixed my problems. try to adjust your screws and maybe this will fix your problems too!

also, this is a sign to see if you are lean or rich with the air/fuel mixture screws- give the throttle a twist and if the tach comes down fast and stumbles under your idle, the mixture screws are rich. if the tach comes down slow, and doesn't fall below the idle, the screws are probably lean. just like anything else on your carbs, there is a fine line. like i have said before, tuning carbs is a pain in the a**!

·
Registered
178 Posts
sorry i took so long big whale. to answer your question as far as to need a jet kit when you install a full exhaust, yes and no. on our oil cooled motors, yes you do need a jet kit in my opinion. the bike will run very lean if you do not a have a jet kit installed. the reason i know this is because i believe a stock 1100 with 36 cv mikunis has 120 main jets (corect me if i am wrong). a stage three dynojet kit comes with 155 and 160 main jets. that is a big difference in jet sizes from 120 to 160. now as far as the air/fuel mixtures go, they are the screws on the bottom that are in front of the fuel bowls. they sit down in a recess. if you can not see them then the factory block-offs have not been drilled out yet (the air/fuel mixture screws are preset from the factory). also, if they are not drilled out, then i would take the bike back to the place where they installed the jet kit and ask them why they did not do this. let me know if you have anymore questions! always glad to help!

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey big whale, the air/fuel mixture screws should be a standard (flat blade) screw. the air/fuel mixture screws and the synchronizing screws are not the same thing. the synch screws are phillips and are in between the carbs on the butterfly springs. do not touch them, unless you plan on synchronizing the carbs! i will try to take a pic of the extra set of cv 36's i have today. also, if you want to raise your needles a little more, give it a try. if your bike runs better, good. if not , change it back. be sure not to make a lot of changes at once though. make one simple adjustment at a time. let me know if this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts