Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a pinch. Took my carbs apart looking for a idle problem (plugged pilot jet) and found a broken float pedestal on #4. The pilot jet is no problem, still available from the dealer but the carb bodies are discontinued. Anybody have a set or anything laying around? These are the stock 86 750 carbs.
THANKS, Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have stock carbs off of my 86' 750. The diaphrams are worn out so i went ahead and bought a new set off ebay, rather than having to pay $120 for each slide with the diaphram. I'm willing to part with them for a reasonable price. However there may be parts i need from them for the new carbs (Jets, needles, etc.) However the Carb bodies are in good shape. and the rest is all functional. I just won the new carbs on ebay today at about 11am. I should get them by thursday or so. Let me know if your willing to deal. I was thinking $20 + shipping. I would consider trade as well. You can reply on here, or my e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually scored a set of 87 1100 carbs complete on ebay for 16.50 plus shipping.
I went the jb weld route already but getting everything lined up just right so the float was free presented a major problem. thanks for the offer of the carbs, but I think i'm squared away, if you want parts for your spares let me know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeah I almost forgot, I found an outfit out of GA that can repair broken pedastals and such. they're kind of spendy but if you can't find something they are an option. you can find them at www.motorcyclecarbs.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts