Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do u remove the tank or leave it on ?

If u displace it, where is a good place to rest it without damaging the fuel pump assembly ?

Ive lifted the tank up to set up the adaptors and hoses, and i cant see the screws because the tank is in the way.

Ive seen them [synch screws] with the tank and air filter housing off. But they're out of sight when im viewing from the side of the bike

KaTz

[ 09-20-2002, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: KaTz ]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Best thing to do is get a small tank to use when doing the synch.Since you don't rev more than +-3000rpm while setting up the carbs you don't need a fuel pump so a lawnmower tank will do the job quite well.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Look into getting a Aux. Fuel tank. It pretty much is a waterbottle that you hook up to the bike. Cost around 40.00 USD out here. They are very handy

jontflesh

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the replies

I was tempted to use a remote petrol tank, but there wasnt one around which i could adapt the hose to.

After a bit of head scratching, i managed to prop the tank up with a block of wood on the airbox, and a block of wood on the rear shock's top mounting nut.

THe tank was stable and everything's connected
[apart fro mthe vacumn hose for obvious reasons]

Then i proceeded to burn my knuckles and fingers while tweaking the synchizing screws

It wasnt far off since the last synch 6000km's ago.... from memory, it was within +\- 1cmHg. Now it's within +\- 0.25 mm Hg

KaTz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts