Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the board m8

First things first, we want some pic's

Dont know about your model carbs but on mine they are on the carbs just were they meet the in take rubbers. They are blocked off with rubber, you just pull that off and connect your vacum gauge hose there.

If im wrong then some one here is sure to help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the reply, my carbs don't have anything near the intake rubbers.
Pics eh? when it's back in one piece I'll post some.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
My `86 750 had small screws in the rubbers themselves... hadda remove the screws and attach a brass tube (came with the gage set) and then attach the lines from the gage to the brass tubes... I left the brass adapters in and just blanked them off after the first time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by 750hUK:
Hi, Can anyone tell me where to fix my carb balancer vacuum hoses on a 750h uk model?
Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If your bike is fitted with 29mm slide carbs, then you will notice that where each carburettor enters the inlet rubber there is a blanking screw fitted.Carbs 1&2 the screw is on the left side, carbs 3&4 the screw is on the right side. Take the screws out and screw your balance guage adaptors into the holes & connect your guages up.
Hope that made sense!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by Flying Scotsman:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 750hUK:
Hi, Can anyone tell me where to fix my carb balancer vacuum hoses on a 750h uk model?
Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If your bike is fitted with 29mm slide carbs, then you will notice that where each carburettor enters the inlet rubber there is a blanking screw fitted.Carbs 1&2 the screw is on the left side, carbs 3&4 the screw is on the right side. Take the screws out and screw your balance guage adaptors into the holes & connect your guages up.
Hope that made sense!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yep, that's it.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey,

What cylinder/carb number are you using as the 'reference' cylinder. I am right in thinking you use #1..??

Thanks....Dave.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by davenay67:
Hey,

What cylinder/carb number are you using as the 'reference' cylinder. I am right in thinking you use #1..??

Thanks....Dave.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't even worry about naming a "reference" cylinder... just get #1 and #2 to match each other, then get #3 and #4 to match each other, then the screw in the middle of #2 and #3 will get the pairs to match. All done, wash up and go for a ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts