Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the carb sync tool thingy is FUCKING EXPENSIVE!! I've seen nothing cheaper than 140.oo. The suzuki stealership gave me a quote at 280.oo PLUS tax.... PLUS parts up to 150.oo. Another shop quoted at 180.oo plus tax. I went there at 10ooo miles, and it was 170.oo. I don't even know what they do?? KNA filter, they put that oil filter on way fucking tight. I do have a clymers and war reading that. Man I could do that shit in my sleep, except the tool are so damn expensive. Actually in my sleep is an overstatement, cause when I put the new cooling fan, I forgot to drain the radiator, and the fluid gushed all over; clothes, tires, pavement, other cars, gf assistant, everywhere!! And then there was that time I put the break hoses on, and I just couldn't get pressure, so I kicked the front tire, and fucking break fluid splashed on everthing. But I did do the caliper rebuild without problem, and I can change my oil in like 15minutes. Hell, I even built this computer. Damn this is a rant...

um... cheap carb sync tool??

·
Registered
727 Posts
I see them used on ebay every now and then. Morgan carbtune is very nice. The old Motion Pro Mercury ones work very well but I would consider the Morgan Carbtune with the steel cylinders slightly more foolproof for lack of a better term.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts