Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m trying to do this myself, but people have said that it is hard with these Flat slide carbs.. and there is one thing I´m not sure of..sorry my english by the way.. =)

What should the vacuum readout be in cyl. 3? I´m using 4-gauge set, and I know that the no. 3 carb is not adjustable.. (well of course the mixturescrew)
I have set the Rpm to 1750/min. Should the readout be near 3 or 2.5 or...? I have problems reving from 1500 to 4500.. if I turn throttle slowly, the engine is backfiring and stuttering.
If I turn the gas right open from the start, bike moves like a new one, no problems at all.
Valves are ok, no rattle, and the sparkplugs are new.
I have tried different octane gasoline, no help.
It feels like one of the carb slides is going up and down making the engine impossible to drive with steady Rpm.

HELP ME! THis problem has botherd me 4 1 year..

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
i would say that if you want the carbs to even out try doing the same amount of push ups, jumping jacks, running and sit-ups. that might help sync through out the body. maybe the flat slide carbs are harder to put in sync but it is posible

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Just remove the carbs all together..Theyre nothing but a restriction.....

(PS)..Ive never head of the number 3 not being able to be adjusted. In that case, I would sync your gauges to the number 3, then sync 1-2-and 4 to the number 3...IMO, but as i said, Ive never heard of not being able to sync the #3......

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
You said you have been trying to solve this problem for more than one year. That it way too long. Definitely your bike has some emotional problems.

When was the last time you had a heart-to-heart talk with your bike?

When was the last time you stroked your bike in the windscreen or sidemirror, look her in the headlights and said "Bike, I love you .... " or when was the last time you surprised your bike with an oil change in the early morning?

You may have been ignoring things like: your anniversary, or your bike's birthday. These things all add up you know.

Everything you mention is definitely symptoms of depression and being ignored.

Have you been cheating? Have you been looking at other bikes? That is definitely one of the main causes.

Go out and spend some time with your bike. Surprise her by coming home with a nice shiny trailer, load her up and go off on a trip together.... it's good for you both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts