Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,553 Posts
Agreed... The problem is that the spacing is correct but the opening spigot on the 92 GSXR is bigger, so I am looking for smaller opening to fit the flatslides
Does that make sense?
Todd

i don't know the size of the OD of the 34mm flatslides intake, but you need to confirm your gsxr 750 model; is it a CA model? because CA models oringally had 36mm carbs along with corresponding intake boots. the non-california models had 38mm carbs with corresponding intake boots.

so, measure what the carb intake OD, and the carb boots ID. if it was my bike, i would buy a set of corresponding 36mm or 38mm carbs. not sure if the 34mm and 36mm flatslides have the same or different intake ID.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ...
Todd
So .. I appreciate all the help but I want to make sure folks understand what I am trying to do. I have a non California oil-cooled 1992 GSXR 750. I am having problems with the stock carburetors
and I friend of mine gave me a set of Flat-slide 34 mm.
The opening of the stock carbs for a 1992 are 46mm (That is the opening of the carburetor that connects to the boots on the engine) The flat-slides are 40mm but they are the correct spacing (77-93-77 )
If anyone knows if there is a year Suzuki made a spigot/boot that fits on a 92 oil-cooled but has a smaller opening (40mm) Let me know. I am trying to research Bandits, GSXR 1000's etc. to see if I can find a match.

Thanks again for the help
Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts