Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We been having this discussion on an other topic post so i figured I write it under the rite subject. Does anyone have an 1100 with duplex exhaust?Because I bought the jet kit from factory and its just not working. The bike as a dry spot on 1/2 to full throttle at low rpms and once it hits above 4000-5000 rmps she runs great. Iam also getting some poping at high rpm 10-11 on revs. this is what factory sent me

Main jet 122.5 or 120 stock is 122.5
Pilot Jet 30 or 3.2 stock is 30
Float 15mm stock is 14.5mm
Needle Pos#2
Air Screw 2.5 turns out

[email protected] Any sugs?

·
Registered
219 Posts
yeah, I think you're right, you are too lean. If you have an aftermarket exhaust, you need way bigger jets. I would add like +50 to those #'s.

go to
www.dynojet.com
they have all kinds of .pdf files of instructions with dyno charts and part#'s.
good luck

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
If it were me, I'd try increasing the size of the main jet first... chances are good that it will help the bottom end or maybe even starighten it out completely... in any case, with the K&N filter in the airbox, you can probably stand to go from the #122.5 to a #125 or maybe even #127.5 main. Do this FIRST and when you get the popping taken care of at WOT/high RPM, *then* start fiddling with the needle position/pilot jet/fuel screw settings.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Hiya 750...

Don already said that he's retained his airbox, so the stage III stuff doesn't apply. Plus, he's using a jet kit from Factory Pro, which uses the Mikuni parts inside instead of the special K&N emulsion tubes and other stuff... I seriously doubt that any of the info from Dynojet/K&N's site will be helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts