Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went out yesterday to my bro in law crib i was on the road for five minuts and the bike turned off at the light took a while to start up and when it did there was this garguling sound coming from the exhaust i tried to ride it and i did not want to go anywhere barly wanted to move finally drove it for about a minute to the next light and it cut off again tried to start it did not start call a friend put in the back of the truck got it home went out to take my little girl to the hosp. was not feeling well shes ok now got back and there was a puddle of gas under my bike firt carb was full of it just kept leaking gas out so i pinched the lines coming from the tank did not see any more gas coming out. just got a jet kit put on two weeks ago and cct also i dont know if that has any thing to do with it can anyone help thanks eli.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
well since you had that jet kit put in take that back to the person that installed it

·
Registered
776 Posts
it sounds like your float bowls are sticking. that would be why the gas over flowed in the garge. and it was flooding itself out when u rode it. if the bowls are locked then the gas will continue to flow. if u want to try and do it yourself loosen up the maniflod screws, the ones that hold the carbs on, and just pull the carbs off to where they are still connected with the cables. Shake them to loosen the bowls up and then try it. Most of the time that will do it. Shake them good though and dont turn them upside down. Or, take 'em back to Dick he will take care of it for ya. But based on what you said it doesnt sound like its too much of a problem to fix. eric

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellas for the info. i took itback to dick he said he was going to fix it thanks again for the info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts