Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my newer carbs on today, bike runs great just noticed though in 1st gear when you roll the throttle, it seems to have a slight bog, it is hardly noticable, cant remember if I need to take the mixture screws in or out to cure, this is only off idle to maybe 4K, every other range is ok, she runns like a stripped ass ape, not to rich no more, havent got the final mpg yet as the tank only has 66 miles on it. taking info

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
To richen the mixture you turn the screw out.
To Lean the mixture out you turn it in.

If it's bogging I would say it's rich.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
hell mine are at 2 turns out and I get a bit of a bog when i roll on the throttle anywhere under 4 thou... once it gets its bolts together its like i got hit in the ass with a cannon..!!!!!

·
26,430 Posts
The Oil Cooled GSXR's were always able to run with less on the mixture screws..... But my water Cooled GSXR is at 3 turns out now and it could still use another 1/2 turn out.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Alright, stupid questions, but can someone explain to me what screw is the mixture screw? i guess what i am asking, post a pic? man i feel stupid.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
cool. thnaks GixxerRacer317. i know on mine that the "plug" is still in it. easy to pull out? or should i just leave it "stock"

·
26,430 Posts
if you are running a stock setup there's no need to remove them..... If you have an aftermarket pipe you really should check into a jet kit to go with it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gixxer317, you are not interested in another set of 38s are you, I have an extra set, they have new orinds in the needle seats, new float needles, I know there is a jet kit in them but I didnt take apart to see what jets were in them, they had a little bit of rough idle, and was using gas, not sure why, just I got a good deal on the other carbs so I bought them, and used them instead, if interested or you know someone pm me

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If no one wants them then they are going on ebay tomorrow evening, so I thought I give you guys first crack, would like to get 150.00 out of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts