Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got a buddy with a '92 750. He's got a problem with the #3 carb leaking fuel from the air jet(on the airbox side)stock carbs. Correct me if I'm wrong but air should go into that port not fuel coming out into the airbox. Any thoughts? I've only worked on my '86 750 and everything in there is manual. Don't know these vacuum systems. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
'86 GSXR 750. Stock. On the restore.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Is the #3 the one that 'powers' the vacuume petcock? Could be some seal leak in the petcock pouring through back into the carb through the vacuum hose. Just a WAG.

Good luck.

------------------

·
Registered
526 Posts
It sounds like a stuck float....drop the bowl and see whats happening...while your at it..check all your float levels....

------------------

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I've had that same problem. if you find any sediment in the bowls, he might have a little rust in the tank. an inline filter solved my problem. hope that helps

------------------
92 750

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all, thanks for the help. Just for the record, looks like it was #3 needle and seat. It wouldn't leak when using an outboard fuel tank, but did as soon as gravity feed took over. Guess we shouldn't overlook the obvious huh?

------------------
'86 GSXR 750. Stock. On the restore.

[This message has been edited by Bman (edited 06-18-2001).]

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
if it's just a piece of dirt jamming it open, squirt some aerosol carb cleaner through it, that should knock it out.

------------------

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Thanks for all the ideas guys. I am the buddy with the 92 750 that Brian had posted for. Turns out the seats needed new O rings in a bad way. 4 new O rings, 4 dry carbs!

------------------

·
Registered
526 Posts
Right on....the first thing to have done was...what jeff said ...look for shit in the needle seats..secondly...check the float levels on all four, thirdly...get new Friggin o-rings seals or replace the float needles

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts