Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok 86 750 the original air box was destroyed appearantly on an previous attempt to work on this bike. it has UNI single filters for these Carbs they are stock carbs with stock jetting not sure what mm they are but is running to lean still with 130 mains in it. and even put tiny washers to raise the needles in an attemt to help richin it. im 2 1/2 out on the mixture screw (idle jet screw)

Any suggestion to what size main i might need?

·
Registered
163 Posts
i'm not exactly sure what size you should be running, but i figured i would suggest getting a Factory Jet kit from www.factorypro.com

they make a kit geared toward the open airbox filters and there customer service is dead on. Give them a call and talk shop for a bit... they would probably have a kit to help your situation.

·
Banned
185 Posts
I just installed a stage 3 Dynojet kit and k & N pods I'm running a 150 main. I was running lean as well until this morning I cleaned the petcock again and it seems to fix it. The needle is on the second knotch from the top and 2.5 turns out on the screw. I don't know enough to come up with that on my own so thats what the instructions said

Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
this is like comparing apples and oranges; the dynojet jets use their own jet sizing compared to the OEM/standard mikuni/keihin. either way, the advice to buy a factory jet kit is best. their people are helpful too! the stock main jet on a stock 86 750 is 117.5. but that is with the airbox. again, comparing apples and oranges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts