Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
I am going to take apart and clean my carbs and when i put them back together I am going to need to adjust them etc. I've got k&N's on them so the adjustments are pretty tricky. Does anyone know of any links/websites where there is simple instructions on carb adjustments etc. I've never done anything with carbs and any info will help
Thanks,

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Please note:

You might run across some advice about replacing the emulsion tubes... which is a good idea if yours are worn... but the Dynojet kits use an emulsion tube that's different from the Mikuni one. If you have a DJ kit and you wanna replace the emulsion tubes, do *not* order OEM parts from a dealer, order the replacements from DJ. Also note that if you change out your carb kit and use a FP kit, you'll also have to swap out those DJ emulsion tubes for the OEM ones.

...there, that should be clear as mud now...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The carbs have already been rejetted, and i'm not replacing anything on them , i need more info on things like how to balance carbs, which screws adjust what. i know that I am running rich by the smell of my exaust. i hear there is a way to balance them using 4 vinyl tubes and a bucket of water but that's about all i know

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
To balance the carbs you test the vacume generated by each carb using a vac-guage for each carb at the same time. Dennis Kirk has them.

The screws you adjust are the ones that set how far the butterflys are open at idle.

Pull your plugs before you make this adjustment so you can see which cly is running best. and make a note as to what the vac is on that cyl.

Then again your rich idle could have nothing to do with syncing your carbs. Thats why I love efi. So much simpler.

GregW

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys.
Yeah 130 hp. the guy who owned it before me worked at the yosh parts factory in Canada and he did all that you could do to this bike just as a project bike, for fun. something like 6 grand just in the engine. then he decided to sell it and buy his kid a dirt bike, and i picked it up for cheap.

Perfect bike for practicing stunts, she takes a licken and keeps on ticken

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah carbs are so much fun to play with.......even if they are a dead technology

1 - 8 of 8 Posts