Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, who wants em? took mine to a lexan/ plastics shop to make copies. they can make them the exact same, same heat barrier, same high temp poly something or other, in other words the same as what keeps popping up on ebay as garbage except brand new. cost depends on how big the order is but he told me 89.99 per with the right order.

·
Super Moderator
17,291 Posts
And these $90 heat shields do what for a Gixxer??

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by spike52:
And these $90 heat shields do what for a Gixxer??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ideally they prevent the heat of the motor from effecting the fuel in the carbs. Cooler fuel yields more horsepower. That's why there's that silver stuck-on heat shielding on the bottom of your gas tank as well. Or given the age of some gixxers, what's left of the heat sheilding.

$90? That's steep given my current financial status. sorry, but count me out.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
It seems steep, but I would be interested...
pics please
-Karl

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
guess maybe i didnt negotiate that well so i hit the guy up about the multiple order as the 89 was for singles for an order of ten he would go down to 75. keep in mind that these things were 139 from yosh and that was my deal price through the dealer so retail was 149 or 159. but anyway if 75 will work let me know, as for pics as soon as i get mine back ill post but if you do a search in the archives there are pics in there they are yosh carb heat shields hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I'm down for 75

-Karl

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Remember the Yosh one you are using as a patern needs to be for your year. Yosh made them to fit the 85-87 750 and 86-88 1100 and a different one for the 89-92 750 and 89-92 1100. I guess you could trim one to fit the other but as for what was bigger I do not know. You may just want it made a little big so you could trim it to fit both.
Bones

[ 10-03-2002, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]

·
Registered
139 Posts
86 1100 please

1 - 18 of 18 Posts