Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting here looking to adjust these floats but as i look i am confused on where to measure from this thing is about to piss me off but i will keep my composure so can some one go through and walk me thru this i have pictures or can post as needed ( got a digi Camera and been picture happy).

[ 06-14-2002, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: audi1031 ]

·
Registered
970 Posts
Originally posted by audi1031:
I am sitting here looking to adjust these floats but as i look i am confused on where to measure from this thing is about to piss me off but i will keep my composure so can some one go through and walk me thru this i have pictures or can post as needed ( got a digi Camera and been picture happy).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Would you like a scan of the manual page?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
got this info from the haynes manual :

!to check the float hieght, hold the carb so the float hangs down, then tilt it backuntill the needle valve is just seated, but not so far so that the needle's spring loaded tip is compressed (the float chamber mating surface will be at approx 45 degrees).
Measure the height from the top of the float to the mating surface with a ruler.
the correct setting for 96 750 is 7.0mm +/- 1mm
if it is incorrect, adjust by carefully bending the float tab a little at a time untill spot on.

hope that sorts it, pissing it down outside so didnt mind typing it up. dan uk.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dan and MRMW yes i still would like a scan of that i would like. I think that it should be a forum that shows pictures of parts that go out or atleast most likely to be replaced. Then folks will understand more on the bike. And what we talk about

·
Registered
788 Posts
Dan has it right,the Factorypro.com site has a good explanation also.
I think the 7mm is measured with the float bowl gasket in place (check me on this). You need to play with tipping the carbs (sitting on end) to find the ' touch point' where each float just touches but doesn't depress the float needle springs. The 7mm is measured at 90 degrees to the gasket surface to the top most edge of the float when it is at the touch point. There are little metal tabs (visible in photo) that contact the float needles that you can bend to get the 7mm.
Your photos look down on the carbs, the 7mm measurement would be made looking edge on to the bowl gasket surface, viewed 90 degrees from the bottom photo. Besides any jets I'd replace all the shite phillips screws holding on the bowl with allen heads and get new bowl gaskets too. I'd get a carb synchronizer and learn to use it if you don't already. good luck

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha thats funny i just bought the synch about couple hrs ago will fiddle with it and thanks for that info as well i got a scan on from MRMW so i am in process of doing the floats now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts