Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been trying to replace the carbs on my 1100. They had flatslides that came off.

I bought some carbs and they don't fit.

The boots are slightly too large and the spacing looks off.

I know these came USA market and rest of world.

I believe this to be a Cdn bike so rest of world and I think the carbs are USA.

Is the fitment of the rubber boots for the USA bikes more narrow? If the intake runners were slightly angled and longer I could see them fitting. Total width appears to be a 1/3" to narrow.

Would it be possible for someone to provide spacing of the carb intakes on the USA carbs?

I have them sitting next to a rack of slingshot carbs and the spacing is just slightly wider.

I would love to confirm that all I need to do is replace the intake boots (easier said than done with those JIS screws).

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
1100W carb spacings are the same. ROW use 40mm CV carbs that require larger manifold rubbers to fit. What size flatslides did it have? Mikuni RS or Keihin FCR?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was running Keihin FCR 39's. I believe these were in the stock boots for the ROW 40mm carbs. I will have to confirm off the boot part numbers.

My concern is the spacing for the US carbs looked incorrect but they may fit if the rubber intakes have a bit of an angle to them.

Anyone have a set of 1100 US carb boots lying around?

These were marked as the correct year 1100 carbs on the tops from a semi-reputable seller. Unfortunately what I was told was a complete set was missing all the float needles, and one carb needle. The floats from my 88 750 Slingshot fit right into the carbs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man the water cooled forum is a ghost town!

I picked up some USA boots to try out. Hopefully they work otherwise back to the drawing board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts