Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my ‘87 1100 project together and have the floats set perfectly and it’s still pissing fluid, thinking that these float needles are most likely original and most likely the issue. What does the interwebs tell me?

Attachments

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,675 Posts
I'm far from an expert, but the needles look grooved to me...so time to replace them.
DId you replace the O-rings on the seats?
I use an ultrasonic cleaner to clean up my carbs. It's frustrating to do all that work, and still have the same results.

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading your post I went back in and replaced all the O rings, also dug up and old trick from back in my poorer days of rebuilding 1970’s bikes and put each float needle into the chuck of my drill one at a time, and with 1000 grit sandpaper sanded the grooves out, assembled set my floats and all be dammed if it didn’t bench test just fine, holding strong. We will see if it holds up, could probably just spring for new needles and seats to be honest.

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did this morning in the light of day order new seats and needles, $100 is worth the peace of mind. Old age an common sense overcomes the younger me’s thrifty tendencies. Hahaha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts